Even though Florida continues to report roughly 3,000 new COVID19 coronavirus cases each day, deaths continue to decline to fewer than 30 per day. Florida currently has roughly 2,000 COVID patients in hospitals today. That figure remained steady during the past month, even when total cases slightly increased. Florida removed all statewide COVID19 restrictions on September 25. Most businesses in Florida were allowed to re-open with some restrictions last May 8. Florida has a year-round population of 21 million, many visitors, and a large senior citizen population. (Note–There is roughly 3 to 5 day delay for Florida deaths to appear on above chart).
Florida had the roughly the same number of COVID19 cases as New Jersey five months later. However, it had far fewer deaths. Most US deaths took place during March and April when US doctors did not know how to deal with this new or “novel” coronavirus. That is because Communist China refused to share its knowledge of the disease. It also used its influence over media and public health institutions to suppress successful techniques used by Taiwan, the only part of China not run by the Communist regime.
New Jersey had far more COVID19 coronavirus deaths than Florida,. Most of these took place in March and April when US doctors were unfamiliar with the disease, lacked new medications, and often gave the wrong treatment. After that, New Jersey had roughly the same levels of infections and deaths as Florida. It appears that New Jersey’s harsh and strict shutdowns of schools and businesses, did not give New Jersey fewer infections or deaths than Florida. Florida ended most coronavirus restrictions on May 8, and all restrictions on September 25, 2020.
What can we learn from this?
- Dr. Fauci and our public health establishment, not President Trump, allowed COVID#19 spread out of control in the U.S. last February. In all fairness, it is because Fauci and most public health officials in the world relied on very bad information from Communist China and the World Health Organization (WHO). At the beginning, when there were just a few dozen cases, they ignored true and accurate research and techniques from Taiwan, or non-communist China. Only later did we learn that WHO was the mouthpiece for the Chinese Communist regime. Only later did we learn that the Communist Chinese regime was more concerned with isolating and weakening Taiwan, than stopping the disease outside of China.
Click here for article we posted about Taiwan’s spectacular success on March 19, 2020. It refers to a Business Insider article published on March 10. Taiwan officials implemented these measures on January 1, 2020 and urged the rest of the world to follow their lead. Why did Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx, and the entire U.S. public health establishment completely ignore them and fail to even mention the word “Taiwan” even now?
2. During February and March, Dr. Fauci opposed masks and travel bans even though both they were very successful in Taiwan and South Korea used them in early January, 2020 when it was still possible to stop the spread of the disease. During this time, Dr. Fauci did not even consider doing mass “surveillance” testing las was done with much success in Taiwan and South Korea. Fauci instead only approved of “diagnostic testing” for only those with symptoms. That is why he said during a March briefing that 100,000 test kits were “more than enough. Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx were slow to appreciate the effect of widespread travel from Wuhan to Italy. President Trump did nothing wrong other than rely on public health experts like Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx. However, Democrats and the media falsely blame President Trump!
Please view and share above video that compares airline hero Sully with President Trump. After the accident, “experts” used simulations to claim Sully could have safely landed at the nearest airport. Sully proved that this was not possible. He proved that “in the real world, delay is always needed to assess the situation and decide which of several options is the correct course of action”.
3. While COVID19 is certainly a dangerous and unpredictable disease, it is not nearly as deadly now, as it was back in March and April when American doctors knew little about it. We now know that ventilators often do more harm than good. We now know that aspirin can prevent deadly blood clots that at first went untreated. We now use over-the-counter Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and zinc as well as sophisticated, expensive drugs like remdesivir and convalescent plasma. We now do more to protect people over age 70 and those with other health problems because we know they are most at risk. We allow young healthy people to go about their lives because they are not likely to get seriously ill, and may develop immunity. It appears that Florida had very few deaths in spite of its large number of cases because the sick and elderly were protected, while large numbers of young people got mild cases, and developed immunity.
- We are a group of roughly 150 ordinary citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we have made mistakes. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible.
- If you agree with this post, please share it as much as you can. Please simply click the Twitter or Facebook icons below. Or better yet, please copy the link, or all or part of the content for this post, and paste it in the “comments” section of your local newspaper, your local “micro-newspaper” like Patch.com, or in any of the unwanted articles from CNN or other “mainstream” spammed into your Facebook feed before an election.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director