Weekly Update – July 24, 2010
Location #1: Athena Diner, Rt. 9, Northfield. (STARTING THE FOLLOWING WEEK, JULY 31, SAT. BREAKFASTS WILL BE HELD AT THE SHORE DINER ON TILTON ROAD IN EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, INSTEAD. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE!!!)
Location #2 (This week only): Geets Diner, 14 N. Black Horse Pike, Williamstown. For details, contact Jacqueline Fattibene at 856-875-6999.
Two-Way Talk Radio Program, 92.1FM (Covers most of South Jersey) every Sat., 8AM to 9AM. Live on-air call in number is 856-696-0092. Details at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
HAVE TROUBLE GETTING TO OUR SAT. MORNING BREAKFASTS IN ATLANTIC COUNTY? LET US HELP YOU SET UP LIBERTY DISCUSSION GROUPS IN YOUR COMMUNITY, AS WE DID WITH JACKIE IN WILLIAMSTOWN. JUST CONTACT US AT 609-927-7333 OR BY EMAIL.
1. WHY IS ATLANTIC CITY GOVERNMENT SO BAD? IS STATE GOVERNMENT ANY BETTER? HOW WILL A STATE GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER MAKE ATLANTIC CITY BETTER?
A. Is it because the Casino Industry pays 75% of the taxes in Atlantic City–But state law bars casino companies, contractors, and suppliers, and most casino employees from running for public office, supporting or opposing candidates for office, or even speaking out on political officials? Is this why the folks who control Atlantic City politics politics is dominated by people who have city jobs or live in public housing and pay no taxes.
B. Or because Union & Civil Service Rules make it impossible to remove incompetent and ineffective city employees?even when they were only hired because they were friends or relatives of bad officials who were removed from office years ago?
C. When State Government took over the Atlantic City Airport, they it borrowed and spent so much, they had to double the Expressway tolls to bail it out! When State Government took over Atlantic City?s Convention Hall, gave us higher taxes on rooms, drinks, and parking. The state official who lost Miss America kept his high pay job. State takeovers in Camden and Newark made things worse?and more expensive.
D. What?s in a State Takeover of Atlantic City for Democrat Senate Leader Steve Sweeney? Besides his County Freeholder and State Senate salaries, Sweeney makes $189,000 a year as a ?general organizer? for the Ironworkers Union. Will any state government takeover of Atlantic City somehow pour hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into new big construction projects?like the stalled Revel Casino?
2. STOCKTON COLLEGE BORROWING AND SPENDING SPREE IS A WHOLE LOT WORSE THAN BUYING THE SEAVIEW RESORT AND GOLF CLUB AND A BUILDING IN HAMMONTON. STOCKTON INCREASED ITS DEBT BY $134 MILLION AND RAISED TUITION 17% IN JUST TWO YEARS! Read Seth Grossman published essay at http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….ing-spree.html or http://www.libertyandprosperity.org. Read the complete ?Richard Stockton College Financial Statements For the Years Ended June 30, 2009 and 2008 and Independent Auditors Report at http://intraweb.stockton.edu/eyos/pr…Financials.pdf. Note Page 10 that says in 2009, Stockton College spent $4,191,000 of its $137,522,000 budget on ?public service?. Which ?public? does Stockton serve? Stockton College has not invited Liberty and Prosperity to participate in any of its programs since 2001, when we blamed the terrorists, not America for the attacks.
3. WHY ARE GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS GOING UP, WHEN BASIC FUEL COSTS ARE GOING DOWN? Under Democrat Governor Jon Corzine, gas and electric companies were forced to raise rates to subsidize inefficient and unreliable windmills and solar panels. Now Republican Governor Christie is expanding the program to raise gas and electric bills even higher. This will have a big impact on casinos, schools, and local governments which use lots of gas and electricity. Steve Lonegan plans to hold events in South Jersey to make people aware. If you want to participate, please contact us. Or contact Lonegan?s group directly at http://www.americansforprosperity.org/new-jersey.
4. LIBERTY AT THE MOVIES: ?Generation Zero? was a real blockbuster this month. If you missed it, try to buy or rent it online?it is far more powerful than anything Michael Moore ever produced. Ask for it at Stockton College and your local library. And if they don?t have it, ask for it?and tell us about it! Next month?s, we will show the powerful Civil War movie ?Glory? on Tuesday, August 31.
5. ORDER YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR OUR MAJOR FALL FUNDRAISER: Sunday, September 12, 2010 from 4PM to 6PM. Tickets $20 each, $25 couple includes free buffet and cash bar. We are awaiting confirmation of location from a well known tavern in Somers Point. Our event will take place after the ceremony to honor Master Commandant Richard Somers who died on the Intrepid in Tripoli Harbor on September 4, 1804. That ceremony will take place at 3PM at the Somers Mansion by the Somers Point Traffic Circle near the Bridge to Ocean City at 9th Street. Contact Seth Grossman at 609-927-7333 or by return e-mail to buy your ticket, and to sell one or two others to friends and family.
6. DO YOU NEED A RIDE TO WASHINGTON, DC FOR THE AUGUST 27 AND 28 EVENTS? See http://www.glennbeck.com/828/. . . And to the Americans for Prosperity event in Washington the day before. See http://www.americansforprosperity.org/new-jersey.
7. WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN FOR PUBLIC OFFICE? You should! The movie ?Generation Zero? dramatically showed how leading Republicans and Democrats around the country have combined with Wall Street and Big Unions to steal the wealth of this country. If you want things to change, it starts with you. This year, only Anna Little in Middlesex County was the only Tea Party candidate to win a major party nomination in New Jersey. Visit her campaign headquarters in Atlantic Highlands or Asbury Park or go to http://www.annalittleforcongress.com/. Learn from a winning candidate this year, so you can be a winning candidate next year. Contact us for more information on how to be an effective citizen for liberty.
8. SETH GROSSMAN SAYS: ?I DID NOT INCLUDE THE LINK TO MY PUBLISHED COLUMN IN LAST WEEK?S UPDATE BECAUSE IT DEALT WITH A PERSONAL ISSUE. BUT OTHER TOLD ME IT AFFECTS EVERYONE BECAUSE IT SHOWS THE DANGER OF LETTING FEDERAL OFFICIALS ACT IN SECRET AND AVOID ACCOUNTABILITY WHEN IT COMES TO ?NATIONAL SECURITY??. HERE ARE THE LINKS:
9. ALSO FROM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SETH GROSSMAN: “I will be teaching some classes Mondays & Wednesdays, and cannot attend business meetings on those days. We now mend Mondays at 6PM. I am requesting that meetings be held on the second Tuesday or Thursday of the month at 6PM instead. Does anyone have any objection or preference to moving the meeting date?”
10. Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts, and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform, or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals. or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
8. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO GET OUR MESSAGE OUT!!! We need 200 MORE people to pay $30 dues to keep our message on the radio, the internet and on road signs. If you live near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! Contact Seth Grossman at email@example.com or (609) 927-7333.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.