US B.O.E.M. (Bureau of Ocean Energy Management) In-Person Hearing On Ocean Wind Turbines– Atlantic City Convention Center
June 22, 2023
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Share this event:
SOUTH JERSEY — The U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) recently released the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the proposed Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind South Project (Atlantic Shores South). The DEIS contains an analysis of the project’s potential environmental impacts, including possible effects on natural, historical, and cultural resources, associated mitigation measures, and alternatives to proposed actions. For this reason, when DEIS was announced, a 45-day public review and comment period began. Public comments can be found on the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) website. Click Here For Link: NJDEP| Offshore Wind | Home According to BOEM’s notice of availability, the public is encouraged to submit comments, which should include your name and address, available for public review online and during regular business hours, in any of the following ways:
- Orally or in written form throughout any of the public hearings.
- In written form by mail or any other delivery service, enclosed in an envelope labeled “Atlantic Shores South DEIS” and addressed to Chief, Office of Renewable Energy Programs, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, 45600 Woodland Road, Sterling, VA 20166.
- Holiday Inn Manahawkin/Long Beach Island, 151 Route 72 West, Manahawkin, NJ 08050; Wednesday, June 21, 2023; 5:00 p.m.
- Atlantic City Convention Center, 1 Convention Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401; Thursday, June 22, 2023; 5:00 p.m.
- Virtual, Monday, June 26, 2023, 1:00 p.m.
- Virtual, Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 5:00 p.m.