Last year, Republicans and Democrats in the New Jersey Legislature overwhelmingly voted to make January of every year “Muslim Heritage Month”. A coalition of 70 organizations led by CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations) had pushed for that designation.
Click Here For Link To AJR194 (njleg.gov): A Joint Resolution designating the month of January of each year as “Muslim Heritage Month” in the State of New Jersey.
Above Image: On September 11, 1683, a powerful Turkish army blew up a section of the wall surrounding Vienna, Austria. It seemed on the verge of overrunning Austria and then conquering Italy and expelling the Pope from Rome. Very few Americans know that. Very few Americans know that a Catholic army from Poland stopped that invasion the following day. Click Here for Link To: On September 11, 1683, Followers Of The Prophet Blew Up The Walls That Protected Vienna. Is That Why They Picked That Day To Attack Us? – Liberty and Prosperity
Most Americans, like most Europeans, know very little about Islam. The world history most Americans are taught starts in ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt in 2,000 BC, goes to ancient Greece and Rome, and then to the fall of Rome, the German barbarian invasions of Europe, and the Middle Ages. We learn nothing about Muslims until Christians go on the Crusades to the Holy Land between 1000 and 1200 AD. We then skip to the Renaissance in Italy, and then to Columbus, the Pilgrims and American history. We learn nothing of how Muslim invaders conquered and occupied all of the Persian Empire, half of the Christian world, and half of India in less than 120 years between 630 and 720. We learn nothing of how close the Muslim Turks came to conquering most of Christian Europe in the 1400s.
There are many reasons for this. Much of it seems to be that Protestant historians in England did not want to recognize that the Catholic Church and rival Catholic countries like Spain, Austria, and Italy saved all of Christian Europe from a dangerous threat.
Here are thirteen important facts about Islam that few Americans know about:
1. Islam is Arabic for “submission”, not “peace”. The popular Muslim name “Abdullah” means “slave” Allah. Ironically, the Arabic word for slave is “abd” or “abeed”. This same word also means a black African.
2. Wahhabi and Salafi Islam is fundamentally different from both Judaism and Christianity. In Luke 10:25-28, Jesus taught that the essence of Judaism and Christianity was “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself. Jews and Christians also embrace the Ten Commandments. These basic teachings are not part of Wahhabi and Salafi Islam, and particularly do not apply to “Kaffirs” or Non-Believers. These versions of Islam repeatedly justify murder, rape, robbery, theft, and dishonesty by “Believers” against “Kaffirs” or “Non-Believers”. Click Here For Link To: 2010 Atlantic City High School grad now ISIS commander (pressofatlanticcity.com)
3. The Wahhabi and Salafi movements, not “moderates”, now dominate mainstream Islam. Roughly a thousand years ago, Islam showed signs of maturing into a tolerant world religion. All four Sunni schools of mainstream Islamic law had agreed that Muslims no longer had a duty to wage jihad or holy war against kaffirs or non-believers. They believed Muslims had a duty to pursue a greater jihad (jihad akbar), an inner moral struggle to comply with Islamic law instead of a lesser jihad (jihad kabeer),of physical, military wars against non-believers. This was based on a hadith (tradition) of what the Prophet Muhammad had said after the battle of Badr.
However, two fanatic scholars from a remote and barren part of Arabia rejected that interpretation. They promoted a violent and intolerant interpretation of Islam instead. They were Ibn Taymiyya who taught in the 1300s and Muhammad Wahhab who taught in the 1700s. They claimed that the Prophet Muhammad and the salafis (pious predecessors), the first three generations of Muhammad’s followers, demanded total submission to a harsh, primitive sharia (Islamic law). They also claimed that Muhammad and the salafis insisted on brutal and barbaric jihad or holy war against any and all moderate Muslims who disagreed with them, as well as non-Muslims. Taymiyya and Wahhab claimed that every Muslim had to do exactly what they claimed Muhammad and the salafis had done. That included the constant and brutal killing of non-believers whenever possible.
This Wahhabi or salafi interpretation of Islam was soon accepted by most Muslims in what is now Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. However, until fifty years ago, it was rejected by most Muslims everywhere else.
Unfortunately, that changed completely during the past fifty years. After oil prices skyrocketed in 1973, the Wahhabi Establishment in Saudi Arabia spent billions of dollars each year to spread its violent and intolerant interpretation of Islam throughout the world. Today, the Wahhabi or salafi doctrines dominate the Islamic world. For details, read God’s Terrorists: The Wahhabi Cult And the Hidden Roots Of Modern Jihad by Charles Allen. Click Here for our previous articles discussing his book:
Above Image: In 2016, this shopkeeper in Scotland was murdered by Wahhabi and Salafi Muslims because he had wished his non-Muslim friends and customers “Happy Easter” on Facebook. His murder was premeditated and deliberate. According to their version of Islam, Muhammad banned all friendships with non-Muslims. When this shopkeeper previously wished his non-Muslim customers and friends a “Happy Christmas” on Facebook, Wahhabi and Salafi leaders in Scotland warned him to stop. At their murder trial, these Wahhabi and Salafi leaders testified that they had no choice but to kill the shopkeeper because “he claimed to be a prophet” by publicly defying what was taught by Muhammad, “the last Prophet”.
4. Change, progress, and differences of opinion are recognized in Judaism and Christianity, but not in Islam. It is common for Jews and Christians to question commandments given by God and actions approved by God that were written in the Bible some three thousand years ago. It is common for Jews to say “What would God want Moses to do today?” A popular gospel song asks “What if Jesus came to your town today?” Genesis 6:9 describes Noah as “a righteous man–blameless in his age”. Jews and Christians interpret this to mean that Noah may have been considered righteous in barbaric times, but not by higher standards that came later. This cannot happen in Islam. Any person who dares to even suggest that Allah wishes something different today, or that Mohammad would do or say something differently if he were alive today is “making himself a Prophet” and rejecting Mohammad. Any person who does that is heretic or blasphemer and is to be killed.
5. Every Wahhabi and Salafi Muslim has a duty to “struggle” against all Kaffirs or non-believers, including “moderate” Muslims. That “struggle” is called Jihad. It uses “any means necessary” to “persuade” Kaffirs (“moderate” Muslims as well as non-Muslims) to submit to the Wahhabi and Salafi interpretation of sharia (Islamic law). to become Muslims by any means necessary. That includes teaching, propaganda, marriage, lies, bribes, threats, robbery, murder, or war. All people who embrace their version of Islam are said to live in “Dar al Islam” (“House of Islam” or “House of Submission”). All Muslims who live in that House of Islam are supposed to live in peace. Of course, Islamic countries are among the most violent in the world. That is because there are often disputes as to what Allah wishes, and there is no tradition of tolerance for those who disagree or resolving those disputes through open discussion, or compromise. All Kaffirs or Non-Believers are said to live in the “Dar al Harb” or House of War. It is the duty of every Muslim weaken or destroy the “Dar al Harb” in any way possible.
6. Sharia (Islamic Law) permits Wahhabis and Salafis to make hudnas (temporary peace treaties) with non-Muslims and Muslims who have strayed from the Deen (Way) of Muhammad. nations, especially when non-Muslim nations are too strong. It also permits them to break those peace treaties and resume total was as soon as they think they are strong enough to defeat their enemies.
7. Muslims can tolerate Jews and Christians–but only if they “respect” Islam. Jews and Christians are called “People of the Book” in Islamic Law. They live in a special Dar al Dhimmi or “House of Protected Persons”. Jews and Christians are allowed to practice their own religions, but only if they acknowledge the supremacy of Islam, and pay jizya, a special tax or tribute to a Muslim ruler. Any Jew or Christian who fails to show proper respect for Islam or who fails to pay the jizya loses Dhimmi or protected status, and is in the same Dar al Harb (House of War) as other Kaffirs (Non-Believers). Wahhabi and Salafi clerics and leaders of ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) ruled that American Jews and Christians are now kaffirs and in the House of War because our Hollywood movies, songs and pop culture do not show proper respect for Islam, and are seducing Muslim youth. Sikhs and Hindus are “polytheists” and not entitled to Dhimmi “protection”.
Above Image: In 1785, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were America’s Ambassadors to France and England. When American ships were attacked and robbed, and crew members sold into slavery, Jefferson and Adams met with the Ambassador from Tripoli to ask why. They received this answer:
“The Ambassador answered us that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet. That it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise. . . “
8. All Muslims must submit to Islamic Law. That law is known as “Sharia”. Islamic Law cannot be found in the Koran alone. That is because the Koran is a collection of revelations that were received at different times. They often contradict each other. The general rule is that the later instructions cancel the earlier instructions. However, it is difficult to know which instructions came first because the Koran is not written in chronological order. It is written in the order of length of the passage. Short passages are written first, and longer passages are written later. However, all revelations state that Mohammad was the Last Prophet or Messenger from Allah. The only way to know the meaning of the Koran and Sharia or Islamic Law is to study the teachings and actions of Mohammad. Those teachings and actions are written in two other books, the Hadith and the Sunna. The Hadith describes what Mohammad said during his life. The Sunna describes what he did, and how other responded to what Mohammad said and did.
9. Islam does not recognize limited government or the freedom and unalienable rights of each individual. The only government recognized in Islamic law is government by one Khalif or Caliph who determines the correct interpretation of Islamic Law or Sharia Law, and imposes it on everyone under his control. Abdulmecid II was the last Kalif or Caliph. He held that position when he was the Sultan of the Turkish or Ottoman Empire until 1924. There has not been a Khalif or Caliph since. Since then, Islamic leaders in Iran, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia have claimed to speak for the Islamic World and implied that the next Kalif of Caliph should come their country.
Above Images: The flag on the left (or above_ is the flag of the terrorist group Hamas. The flag on the right (or below) is the flag of Saudi Arabia, our “moderate” ally. Both flags are green because that was rumored to be Muhammad’s favorite color. Both contain the Shahada, the basic creed of Islam: “There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the only messenger of Allah.”
10. The ruler of any Muslim nation can declare Jihad, or holy war, against any nation of kaffirs. That is why it is important for Wahhabis and Salafis to take control of a nation and a government–even a small nation in a remote area. In 1998, Osama Bin Ladin as ruler of Al Qaida in Afghanistan issued a “fatwa” (authorized ruling on Islamic law) that declared Jihad against America. Later, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is waged Jihad against America. Their instructions of Jihad have been distributed throughout the Muslim world using social media and can easily be found online in almost any language.
11. According the Wahhabis and Salafis, Jihad against kaffirs is “the highest peak of Islam”. Jihad offers instant forgiveness for all sins and eternal life in Paradise. It is often an easy way for troubled young men who have sinned and failed to become famous and bring honor and wealth to their families. A Muslim killed while doing Jihad is instantly washed clean of all sin “with the first drop of his blood”. Such a Muslim is a “Shaheed” (martyr) and is guaranteed eternal life in paradise without going through judgment for past sins. His parents who may have been disappointed with him are now proud. He is a hero throughout the Muslim world. and streets, buildings, and babies are named after him. Muslim “charities” make sure that his parents, wife, and children receive large cash payments. (Troubled young Jews and Christians who turn to their religions in times of trouble get much different advice!)
12. All Muslims are taught that the Prophet Muhammad was the perfect human and role model. Nothing in the Koran tells Muslim men to have beards. However, most observant Muslim men grow beards because Muhammad had a beard. The Hadith and Sunna often tell of how Mohammad used lies and deception to defeat and kill his enemies. Therefore followers of Mohammad today are comfortable doing the same to their enemies.
13. Wahhabis and Salafis describe Ramadan is a month of “jihad, conquest, and martyrdom”. According to their hadiths (traditions), Allah granted Muslims glorious victories during this month. They included the defeat of the Quraysh tribe in the Battle of Badr in 624, the conquest of Mecca in 630, the conquest of Andalusia (Spain) in 711, the battle of Ein Jalut (against Mongols) in 1260, and the October 6, 1973 “War of Ramadan” fought by Egypt against Israel. That is why Ramadan, especially Laylat Al-Qadr, one of the last nights of Ramadan, is often marked by terror attacks as well as “piety and fasting”.
Click Here For Link To: Jihad And Martyrdom In Ramadan | MEMRI
Yet in 2022, numerous mainstream news articles lamented that the Ramadan holiday that year was “marred by war in Sudan”!
For more details on specific topics:
The Arab Muslim Slave Trade of Africans– The Untold Story:? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY
Why We Are Afraid — 1400 Year Secret on Political Islam with Dr. Bill Warner.?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
World War 2 U.S. Propaganda Movie “Our Job in Japan” showing similarities between Islam and Japanese Shinto warrior cult.? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnZRVe38yw
LibertyAndProsperity.com is a tax-exempt, non-political education organization of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We formed this group in 2003. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (609) 927-7333.
If you agree with this post, please share it now on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the “share” icons above and below each post. Please copy and paste a short paragraph as a “teaser” when you re-post.
Also, because Facebook and Twitter falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts. Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can. Please copy and paste the URL link above or from the Twitter share button to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like Patch.com or PressofAtlanticCity.com. Please also email it to your friends. Open and use an alternate social media site like Gab.com.
Finally, please subscribe to our weekly email updates. Enter your email address, name, city and state in the spaces near the top of our home page at Homepage – Liberty and Prosperity. Then click the red “subscribe” button. Or email me at email@example.com or address below. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director