Weekly Update – October 9, 2010
Member Meeting: Thursday, October 14, 6PM at Shore Diner.
Two Live Two-Way Talk Radio Programs:
A. 92.1FM Vineland (Covers most of South Jersey) every Saturday, 8AM to 9AM. Live on-air call-in number is 856-696-0092. Details at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org. Seth Grossman will be on vacation. Retired Judge Paul Porreca of Millville First will be the guest host.
B. 1400 AM Linwood (South Jersey shore area from Barnegat to Cape May): Monday and Thursday, 3PM to 4PM. Live on-air call-in number is 609-927-1100.
One Time Television: Seth Grossman is a guest with Don Williams on Forum 40, on NBC TV Channel 40, either this Sunday or next Sunday from 9:30AM to 10:00 AM, also broadcast on 1400 AM this or next Saturday at 6:30 AM.
If you do not want to receive this message, please let me know by ?reply? email and we will remove you from our list. If you like this message, please forward it to everyone you know!
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Seth Grossman Current-Gazette column for this week: How to make Atlantic City clean and safe again? Create state run colony in the casino zone? Grossman suggests a three point ?liberty? program:
A. Recognize the ?unalienable? right of casino executives and employees to be, support and oppose candidates for state and local office, and to speak out on public issues.
B. Give local elected officials the power to cut salaries, pensions, and benefits of public ?servants?, including police when needed. Hire special police when need for summer and special events.
C. Give locals the freedom to again own a part of the tourist industry?like in Nucky Johnson?s day.
For complete article, go to http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….rosperous.html
2. No state government debt without voter approval. Repudiate all state debt not approved by voters?including the Transportation Trust Fund. Republican Governor Christie, and Democrat Senate President Sweeney both say there is no more money to fix our roads and bridges?not even to finish the new bridge between Ocean City and Somers Point? How can this be? Every time you put ten gallons of gas in your car, you pay a $1.45 into the state?s highway fund. The state collects $545 million a year from this tax. Where does this money go?
During the past 15 years, Republicans and Democrats borrowed against future receipts of this tax for the next 20 years, to build high cost, union highway projects. All the money we are collecting now in taxes is paying off debt. There is no money for new construction or repairs.
What is the solution? Christie wants to borrow even more money without voter approval. Other Republicans and Democrats are demanding a hike in the gas tax. Liberty and Prosperity says none of the above! Refuse to pay all debt not approved by voters. Use the $545 million we collect from the gasoline tax this year to pay for repairs and improvements!
3. In 1916, when Mexican criminals killed Americans in Columbus, New Mexico, we sent General Pershing and 4,600 soldiers into Mexico after them. Today, dozens of Americans are being killed each year by Mexican nationals, and we are not even protecting our borders. Here is the latest outrage:
“David Hartley was murdered on September 30. Hartley and his wife went out on jet skis on Lake Falcon, which is on the Texas Mexican border. The Hartley’s crossed into Mexican territory to view a partially sunken church. On the way back to American territory, Mexican pirates attacked the couple.
“David Hartley was shot in the back on the head and is presumed dead. His wife escaped from Mexican territory, back to the American side of the lake. According to witnesses, the Mexican pirates followed her for a significant distance into American territory.
“As of this writing, Hartley’s body has not been found. American authorities cannot cross into Mexican territory and the Mexican government seems to be doing nothing about it.”
This is the fifth time Americans were attacked on Lake Falcon this year. No action has been taken by either the U.S. or Mexican governments to stop the attacks, and Americans are warned to stay away from the lake. For details, go to http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/…led-by-mexican and http://deathby1000papercuts.com/2010…f-falcon-lake/.
4. We need citizens to be leaders in our organization. We need citizens who understand and believe in liberty to be candidates for state and local public office. About 40 to 45 people are joining us for breakfast Saturday mornings. But we need a lot more than talk to change things. If you want to be a leader or help us in any way, please contact me by e-mail or at 609-927-7333. If you want to be a candidate in the 2009 primary elections for state or local office, now is the time to find out how and where to get the training, and do the preparation you need to win. Please contact me for details.
5. Liberty at the Movies: Tuesday, October 26. Amistad. The story of how black slaves rebelled and took over a slave ship?after the slave trade was declared illegal in America. Would the U.S. courts treat them as victims?or criminals? Back then, laws against illegal slave traffic were as effective as today?s laws against illegal drug traffic. Slave ship captains could buy a slave in Africa for $15, and sell him in America for $350?if they could get away with it. One shipment of a few hundred slaves would give a slave ship captain instant wealth. But many white Americans risked their reputations, their fortunes, and their lives to end this practice.
12. Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO GET OUR MESSAGE OUT!!! We are only reaching a small fraction of the people we need to reach to make a difference. If you have not yet done so, PLEASE pay $30 for 2010 to support the work we have done so far, and to help us do more in the future. If you live near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! If you previously called and we did not get back to you, it means the message on the answering machine was not clear, so please call again. Contact Seth Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 927-7333.
“Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.