Above Featured Image: Official Website of Atlantic City Government: “Welcome to the Mayor’s Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) Affairs!”
The website describes this department of Atlantic City government as follows:
“The Mayor’s Office of LGBTQ+ Affairs was created in 2021 under Mayor Marty Small, Sr. to foster equitable living and working conditions for residents who identify as LGBTQ+ and to advocate for LGBTQ+ issues in all areas of City Government. The office aims to:
- Connect Atlantic City LGBTQ+ residents to the services and support they may need
- Help enact policies and programs to meet the City’s diversity, access, inclusion, and equity (DAIE) goals
- Coordinate among City departments to improve the LGBTQ+ community’s access to services
- Provide education on grants available to community-based organizations who serve the LGBTQ+ community
- Support the growth and development of the City’s LGBTQ+ communities and serve as a liaison between the area’s LGBTQ communities/organizations and the City.
- Host events that enrich, promote, and bring together the LGBTQ+ community of Atlantic City
- To learn more about how the Mayor’s Office of LGBTQ+ Affairs can help you navigate through City government, please contact LGBTQ+ Liaison and Programs and Services Coordinator Judah Dorrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
The Oxford English Dictionary defines nepotism as favoritism shown to relatives or family members. For years, nepotism in government was rightfully condemned as inefficient, expensive, corrupt and corrupting. It rewarded people who used politics as a way to create expensive and unnecessary departments, programs, and jobs, and hire and promote relatives who were less qualified, if not incompetent. The only qualification that mattered was being a family member. Civil service rules and tests were created to stop, or at least limit this.
However, with “diversity” and offices like the Atlantic City “Mayor’s Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+)”, anyone who simply claims to identify as having less common sexual preferences is automatically qualified for a number of well paid jobs, grants, and other benefits that are denied to all other citizens. Is this “diversity” just a new form of nepotism?
LibertyAndProsperity.com is a tax-exempt, non-political education organization of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We formed this group in 2003. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please email us at email@example.com or telephone (609) 927-7333.
If you agree with this post, please share it now on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the “share” icons above and below each post. Please copy and paste a short paragraph as a “teaser” when you re-post.
Also, because Facebook and Twitter falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts. Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can. Please copy and paste the URL link above or from the Twitter share button to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like Patch.com or PressofAtlanticCity.com. Please also email it to your friends. Open and use an alternate social media site like Gab.com.
Finally, please subscribe to our weekly email updates. Enter your email address, name, city and state in the spaces near the top of our home page at Homepage – Liberty and Prosperity. Then click the red “subscribe” button. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or address below. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director