Democrats kept their 25 to 15 majority in the New Jersey State Senate. Owen Henry gained a seat in the 12th Legislative District when the Democratic incumbent retired. However, Republican Ed “The Trucker” Durr lost re-election in the 3rd District.
Democrats gained five seats to have a 51 to 29 majority in the Assembly. Why?
Republicans had a golden opportunity to gain seats, if not a majority in both houses this year.
Nationally, Democrats are more unpopular than ever. Many Democrats and independents are angry at President Biden for the massive invasion of illegal immigrants into our cities. They are also angry at Democrats for out of control crime and high prices.
Many Jews who vote solidly Democrat are angry at many Democrats for openly supporting the destruction of Israel.
Also, this was a historically low turnout election, which normally favors Republicans. Why did Republicans do so poorly?
Click Here Or Above For Link To Wall Street Journal Article of November 10, 2023: Conservatives Lose Steam in School Board Races as Liberals Mobilize (msn.com)
Conservatives Ethel Hermenau and Virginia Larrea elected to the Galloway Township school board. They ran on the slogan “Parents, Taxpayers and Excellence”. Conservative Robin Shaffer is still leading by four votes in Ocean City. However, most New Jersey school boards remain dominated by Democrats and the radical leftist teachers union (NJEA)
Why did Republicans do so poorly. Why do Democrats and radical leftists run our public schools?
- Eleven of New Jersey’s 40 legislative districts to become lopsided or uncontested Democrat strongholds?
- Republicans did not run serious campaigns on issues that matter most? Massive immigration, crime, leftist indoctrination in our schools and colleges?
- The best and brightest Democrats take an interest in politics? The best and brightest Republicans don’t?
- Republicans cannot articulate a coherent position on abortion?
- Republicans cannot articulate a coherent position on climate change and green energy?
- Republican leaders are cozy with the special interests and public employee unions that are causing most of our problems?
- Republicans like Trump, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Boebert, Fox News and Newsmax distract Republicans from addressing issues that matter most?
- Republican leaders like Bob Hugin, Tom Kean, and Jon Bramnick publicly attack and consistently sabotage conservatives? This week, Bramnick blamed conservative radio talk show host Bill Spadea. In 2018, they publicly attacked Seth Grossman and refused to help his campaign in any way.
- Republicans did not get involved in school board elections?
- All of the above? What is your opinion? We welcome you to join our in-person discussions over breakfast at 9:30 am every Saturday in Somers Point, New Jersey. We also invite you to join the conversations on our great talk radio stations in South Jersey. WONDRadio.com 1400AM Tuesday afternoons from 2:30 to 3:30. WPGTalkRadio.com 95.5FM and 1450AM Saturday mornings from 9AM to 9:30AM and Sundays at 5PM to 5:30PM. WVLT Vineland 92.1FM 9:30AM to 9:45AM.
Some good news:
Republican State Senator Michael Testa won landslide re-election in Cape May and Cumberland counties as a solid conservative. Jesse Kurtz was re-elected with a 70% majority to the Democrat leaning 6th Ward in Atlantic City.
LibertyAndProsperity.com is a tax-exempt, non-political education organization of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We formed this group in 2003. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please email us at email@example.com or telephone (609) 927-7333.
If you agree with this post, please share it now on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the “share” icons above and below each post. Please copy and paste a short paragraph as a “teaser” when you re-post.
Also, because Facebook and Twitter falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts. Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can. Please copy and paste the URL link above or from the Twitter share button to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like Patch.com or PressofAtlanticCity.com. Please also email it to your friends. Open and use an alternate social media site like Gab.com.
Finally, please subscribe to our weekly email updates. Enter your email address, name, city and state in the spaces near the top of our home page at Homepage – Liberty and Prosperity. Then click the red “subscribe” button. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or address below. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director