See details at “Featured Events Above. This Friday, October 14, at 5pm at Atlantic County Library-Galloway Branch, 306 Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway, NJ 08305. Side Doors Open.
Outline of Course Materials:
Above: You Tube Video: Speech By Sebastian Abascal, Madrid 2019. It takes years of hard work, setbacks, defeats, and disappointments to reach this level.
1. CLEARLY UNDERSTAND, AND EASILY EXPLAIN WHY YOU WANT TO BE ELECTED TO THE OFFICE YOU ARE RUNNING FOR. In 1979, Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy destroyed his campaign to be President in one TV interview. He was unable to answer one simple question: “Why do you want to be President”?
2. BAD OR EMBARRASSING THINGS IN YOUR PAST? OR ON FACEBOOK? DEAL WITH IT NOW. I shared and posted thousands of articles on Facebook over a ten year period. But I made the mistake of sharing one post I did not fully read. And two or three others were hard to explain when taken out of context years later. I would have been better off carefully reviewing my Facebook posts, or completely closing my account before becoming a candidate.
3. JOIN A POLITICAL PARTY. THERE ARE ONLY TWO.
4. THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET INVOLVED IN NOVEMBER 8, 2022 ELECTION. Be a Trained and Paid Election Worker. Or Campaign Volunteer.
5. INTERVIEW/AUDITION TO BE PROMOTED BY YOUR LOCAL POLITICAL CLUB OR MUNICIPAL LEADER. (Election Night Party, Club Meetings, Christmas Party)
6. JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2023: Attend all Party Club Meetings in your district. Ask for endorsement of Party Organization at either County Convention or Local Committees.
7. FEBRUARY 15, 2023: BIG DECISION!!!
a. DO I HOPE PARTY LEADERS WILL ENDORSE ME AT THEIR COUNTY CONVENTION OR LOCAL PARTY COMMITTEE MEETING?
b. SHOULD I BE AN “OFF THE COLUMN” CANDIDATE IN THE JUNE 6, 2023 PRIMARY ELECTION?
8. BE AWARE OF THESE IMPORTANT 2023 ELECTION DATES:
October 18, 2022: Last day for new registrations to vote in time for November 8, 2022 Election.
November 8, 2022: This Year’s General Election. Most Active Political People Will Be At Election Night Parties For Congressional Candidates, County Party Organizations, and Most Local Clubs.
November 2022: Most Local Party Clubs Will Have A Post Election Meeting. Attend that meeting and meet the Municipal Party Leader as well as club officers.
December 2022: Most Local Party Clubs Will Have Christmas/Holiday Parties. Most possible candidates who want party support will be there working the room.
January/February 2023: Most Party Clubs Will Be Open To Formal Speeches for All Candidates Seeking Party Endorsement.
March, 2023: Party leaders hold some sort of convention or committee meeting to decide which candidates to endorse. Atlantic County Republicans Will Hold A “Convention” Dominated By The Leaders Of The Four Biggest Clubs: Brigantine, Egg Harbor Township, Galloway, Hamilton (Mays Landing).
March 2023: All candidates, whether or not endorsed by Party Leaders must submit the signatures of a certain number of voters to be placed on the Primary Election ballot. Only Democrats and “Unaffiliated” voters can sign and circulate petitions for Democratic Party candidates. Only Republicans and “Unaffiliated” voters can sign and circulate petitions for Republican Party candidates.
April 1, 2023: Deadline to File Nominating Petitions and To Submit A Slogan or Label to Appear Under Your Name on the June 6 Primary Election Ballot. All candidates must also submit written requests if they want to be “bracketed” with other candidates using the same Label or Slogan. Candidates endorsed by Party leaders will use the label/slogan “Regular Democrat” or “Regular Republican”.
“Bracketing” with Brian Goldberg, a little known candidate for Governor made it possible for Seth Grossman, a little known candidate for Congress to obtain excellent ballot position in 2018.
Seth Grossman was much better known in Atlantic County when he ran for State Senate in 2021. However, he did not “bracket” with any of the three “Off The Column” candidates for Governor, and ended up in “Ballot Siberia”.
April 12, 2023: Last Day a voter can submit a “Change of Party Affiliation” card to switch from Republican to Democrat or Democrat to Republican. (Or to any other group which is not recognized as a Political Party, and which does not hold Primary Elections.
June 6, 2023: Primary Election Day. Only Democrats and “Unaffiliated” voters can vote in Democrat Primary. Only Republicans and “Unaffiliated” voters can vote in Republican Primary.
July 31, 2023: (LAST MONDAY IN JULY): Last Day to File Petitions To Run for Local School Board. Note: School Board candidates can also bracket together under same slogan of up to 6 words).
November 7, 2023: Election Day.
LibertyAndProsperity.com is a tax-exempt, non-political education organization of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We formed this group in 2003. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (609) 927-7333.
If you agree with this post, please share it now on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the “share” icons above and below each post. Please copy and paste a short paragraph as a “teaser” when you re-post.
Also, because Facebook and Twitter falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts. Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can. Please copy and paste the URL link above or from the Twitter share button to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like Patch.com or PressofAtlanticCity.com. Please also email it to your friends. Open and use an alternate social media site like Gab.com.
Finally, please subscribe to our weekly email updates. Enter your email address, name, city and state in the spaces near the top of our home page at Homepage – Liberty and Prosperity. Then click the red “subscribe” button. Or email me at email@example.com or address below. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director