Let’s? talk about it!? LIBERTYandPROSPERITY.org
1. ON LIVE 2-WAY TALK RADIO:? SATURDAYS? 8AM-9AM ON?? 92.1 FM.?? MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS 3PM-4PM (AFTER RUSH LIMBAUGH) ON 1400 AM.? (If you can?t get 92.1 FM on your radio, go to? http://wvlt.com/listenlive.html.? 1400 AM can also? be heard on? the? Internet at? http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=21757&.? (To sponsor a portion of our program, contact Seth Grossman at 609-927-7333)
2. AT OUR BREAKFAST DISCUSSIONS EVERY SATURDAY MORNING:? 9:30AM-10:30AM.?? (Meetings start and end promptly)?? Shore Diner, Tilton & Fire Roads (near Parkway Exit 36), Egg Harbor Township.??? No admission, but breakfast order required.
3. IN SETH GROSSMAN?S ?LIBERTY AND PROSPERITY? COLUMN IN THE CURRENT AND GAZETTE NEWSPAPERS OF ATLANTIC AND CAPE MAY COUNTIES:? ?The truth is that this year?s rally failed, because last year?s rally achieved nothing.?? You need political power to change what government does.?? The only way to get political power in a democracy is for people who share your views to win elections. . . ??? Continued at?? http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/politics/12641-tea-party-needs-to-act-like-one.html? and on our website,??? http://www.LIBERTYANDPROSPERITY.ORG? or? https://libertyandprosperity.com
OTHER EVENTS OF THE WEEK TO BE DISCUSSED:
1. In spite of big? union protests, the Republic Governor Christie/Democrat State Senate Sweeney ?pension reform? plan doesn?t fix the state pension system.???? This? ?fix? doesn?t cut anything from baby-boom cops, firemen, public school teachers and other government employees.? They will still get? far more in pensions and health benefits than they ever paid into the system.???? Mostly younger workers will pay a lot extra into the system.?? But this will only be enough to pay retired baby-boomers.??? Without massive tax hikes for the next 30 years, the system will run out of money when today?s workers 40 years and younger retire.
2.? NJ government/teacher retirement pay is based on the three highest paid years?not what is contributed during an employee?s entire career.?? For one outrageous example of why the NJ Pension funds are broke,? see? http://newjersey.watchdog.org/2010/06/08/david_rible/.
3. American Denial:? ?Many of us who immigrated to the United States from either war-ravaged or totalitarian countries, where freedom was either unknown or the quintessence of daydreams, find ourselves baffled by a trait common to the majority of Americans: the belief, consciously or subconsciously, that the worst cannot happen here. . . ??? For complete essay, go to http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/american_denial.html.
4. Former Margate resident, securities analyst Rick Ackerman: ?As anyone can see, many trillions of stimulus dollars have yet to improve a dismal employment picture one iota ? only kept it from getting worse; nor have those ?dollars? boosted household incomes or real estate prices. What they have boosted are bank profits and the prices of stocks, commodities and basic goods. . . ??? For complete essay, go to http://www.rickackerman.com/page/2/
5. New Jersey already has the 4thhighest electric rates in the nation.?? But Solar Panel companies and environmental groups want? to raise rates again to pay for solar panels and windmills that are so wasteful and inefficient, that electric rates go up every time a new one is installed.?? See:? http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/11/0622/2315/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Wake%20Up%20Call%20NJ&utm_campaign=Wake%20Up%20Call.
6. Another CRDA-Stockton College bailout in Atlantic City.?? In the 1920?s? ?Dante Hall? flopped as an opera house on Mississippi Avenue in the Italian neighborhood of Atlantic City.?? Most people preferred other entertainment on the Boardwalk and throughout the city.?? After two years, the? building was bought by the Catholic Church for its school.????? The school closed ten years ago, and the? Church could no longer afford the empty building.? So it got CRDA to spend $3.5 million to fix it up.?? Now, the church still can?t afford the empty building, so it got Stockton College to run an arts and entertainment program there.??? Meanwhile, the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA)? just set aside $275,000 of its casino, parking, and room tax money to fund a program for artists there.
7. MARCH WITH US ON JULY FOURTH IN SMITHVILLE (GALLOWAY TWP):??? The Smithville? July 4thParade is the largest in South Jersey.???? We will walk along with 100 other? local groups from the Foodtown Parking Lot, Route 9 and Smithville Blvd., in Galloway Township to the Village of Smithville.??? Help us carry the flags of liberty, along with our wooden pikes draped with the red liberty caps.?? If you don?t know the meaning of those symbols on the New Jersey state flag, go to http://www.libertyandprosperity.orgor come to one of our events.?? If you want to join us, please call Dennis Mahon at (609) 204-2511.? We assemble as Group #83 in the Foodtown Parking Lot at 8AM.? The parade begins at 9AM on Monday, July 4.
8. On Wednesday July 13th at 6:00pm at the Shore Diner 6710 Tilton Road in EHT, Liberty and Prosperity presents “Nine Days That Changed The World” is a story of human liberation, revealing the extraordinary power of Pope John Paul II’s worldwide message of freedom through faith. Pope John Paul II’s historic nine-day pilgrimage to Poland in June of 1979 created a revolution of conscience that transformed Poland and fundamentally reshaped the spiritual and political landscape of the 20th Century. Come early for a great meal and stay for this uplifting film. Admission is free.
9.? Liberty and Prosperity Ten Point Program for 2011:
I.? No eminent domain for private gain.
II.? Enforce federal immigration laws.?? No amnesty.?? Deport illegal aliens.
III.? Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV.? Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V.? Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
VI.? Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution.? Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII.? Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments.?? Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they
choose.? Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join.? Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials.? Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values.? Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization.? We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity.? ?Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:? Voting Members:? $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year.?? Non-Voting Members:? $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.
Respectfully submitted:?? Seth Grossman, Executive Director, http://www.libertyandprosperity.org??? 453 Shore Road, Somers Point, NJ? 08244, firstname.lastname@example.org