Breakfast Discussion this morning (Saturday), June 28,?at 9:30 A.M.?? Shore Diner, 6710 Fire Road (Corner Tilton Rd by Parkway Exit 36), Egg Harbor Twp, NJ.
Topics for Discussion:
Let?s talk about the Declaration of Independence this July 4.
During our last Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln inspired our nation when he reminded us that our nation was ?conceived in liberty? on July 4, 1776.
On that day, our Declaration of Independence held these truths to be ?self-evident?.
We are all created equal.?? We are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights.? Among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To secure these rights, governments are instituted among us, exercising their just powers with the consent of the governed.
America is not perfect.?? But when we understood and respected out Constitution and founding principles of liberty, America brought more wealth, opportunity, and justice to more people than any other nation in history.?? That is the meaning of ?Liberty and Prosperity?, NJ?s motto since 1776.
Help us learn and teach these ideas throughout New Jersey starting with this Friday, July 4.
We printed 5,000 cards containing this message.?? You can see the card atwww.libertyandprosperity.org.? Please contact us ?if you can help us hand out these cards at the following locations this July 4 weekend:
8AM to 9: 30 AM:?? Galloway Township July 4 Parade, Smithville (Galloway Twp) by Parkway Exit 44
Selected Locations in:? Long Beach Island, Margate, Longport, Ocean City, Avalon. Stone Harbor. Cape May.
We have limited funds to pay stipends to a small number of students willing to help.? If you know any students who may be interested, please have them contact us.
We also invite you to hand out these cards to your friends and family–especially students.??You can pick up cards at our 453 Shore Road, Somers Point office, or we can mail to you.?? Please call (609) 927-7333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also invite you to come to our Saturday breakfast discussions every Saturday morning from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at the Shore Diner, Tilton and Fire Roads by Parkway Exit 36 in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Although these breakfasts rarely have guest speakers or organized programs we find that those who attend bring so much new and valuable information to the table that almost everyone leaves every breakfast knowing at least one new important idea or fact that he or she did not know before.
The breakfasts also serve as a valuable ?poor man?s focus group for our organization.??? We test almost all of our positions, programs, and activities at our breakfasts before we go public with them.??? This has greatly increased our effectiveness, and reduced our mistakes.
Topics for discussion at this breakfast will include:
1. ? Should behavior and tactics of national Republican leaders in the U.S. Senate run-off election in Mississippi change conservative support for local Republicans who suppot them–like our Congressman Frank LoBiondo.
2. ? Is ?recent ?invasion of young illegal immigrants from Central America across the Mexican border like when when hundreds of Arab women and children tried to illegally enter Israel from Lebanon ?in 2008 and 2011?
3. ?Does New Jersey?s insolvent public employee pension system violate Article 8 of NJ Constitution which says no state government debt on future generations without voter approval?
4. ?Closing of Showboat casino, bankruptcy of Revel , 45% tax hike in Atlantic City. ? When will people wake ?up to ?the absolute disasters of Democrat Senate President Steve Sweeney’s?public private partnerships? ?Steve Sweeney Democrats and ?crony capitalism? of Chris Christie Republicans?
Proposed $3 additional “Stamp Tax” ?on all documents filed with ?Atlantic County Clerk ?tabled ?at June 17 freeholder meeting and appears dead for now. ??Angry Democrats denounced Liberty and Prosperity and claimed tax would have been adopted without opposition as a bi-partisan measure if we had not giving it so much public attention.
Please help us stop keep the Common Core curriculum?from indoctrinating and dumbing down our kids in public and Catholic schools.
Only as a result of YOUR calls have we made progress on this issue! Keep Calling! (see below) S-2154 was ready for a vote, and with your continued calls will again be on?Monday, 6/30. Only through this pressure can we move our governor on this issue!
Calls Needed Today through?Monday, June 30…
1. Across the state, parents were watching the State Senate in Trenton last week?, awaiting a Senate vote on S-2154 … it never happened.. ?A deal may be in the works between the Governor who 100% supports Common Core, Senate President Stephen Sweeney and the leadership of the NJEA to provide some protection for teachers, but any deal will likely include abdication by the Senate of its oversight responsibilities! We see no protection for students or parents…
3.?We need your help to get the State Senate to post S-2154 / A-3081 for a vote at its next session,?Monday, June 30.
Learn more at?http://www.morrispatriots.org/common_core
If you like the information you get in these updates, please go to?www.libertyandprosperity.org?and pay at least the $30 non-voting member dues so we can keep sending these messages by email, Facebook, and radio spots.
Do you agree with us on any of these issues???Then please don’t keep it to yourself!??? Forward this email to your friends, share it on Facebook.?? Post it on your “Patch” or other local blog.?? Most important, repackage it?as a 150 to 200 word Letter to the Editor of your local paper.?? You have our permission!? If you need more back-up info, contact us at?mailto:email@example.com?subject=info%40libertyandprosperity.org?or (609) 927-7333.? Tips for good letters and email addresses of major NJ papers are posted on home page ofwww.libertyandprosperty.org?and will soon be posted in “Learn” and “Engage” sections linked to home page.
Please “friend” and “like” our “Liberty and Prosperity” Facebook page.?? We are up to 2,700 “likes” and 1,000 friends. ? The more “likes” and “friends”, the easier and cheaper it is for us to get our message out on Facebook. ? Thanks.
Please report any errors, including failed links firstname.lastname@example.org.?? Please also use that email address to report any items that should be posted on our website or Liberty and Prosperity facebook page or in our next email update.? Thanks.???? Seth Grossman, Executive Director