Special Update – September 1, 2010
Two-Way Talk Radio Program, 92.1FM (Covers most of South Jersey) every Saturday, 8AM to 9AM. Live on-air call in number is 856-696-0092. Details at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
CAN?T COME TO OUR SATURDAY MORNING BREAKFAST? THEN TUESDAY EVENING (DETAILS BELOW). CONTACT US BY E-MAIL OR AT 609-927-7333 TO SET UP A SPECIAL PROGRAM IN YOUR AREA.
If you like this message, please send this link it to everyone you know!
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. TOMORROW!!! (THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 2) AT 11 AM: JOINT ?INFORMATION NEWS PRESENTATION? WITH STEVE LONEGAN AND AMERICANS FOR PROSPERITY. LOCATION: ATLANTIC COUNTY UTILITIES AUTHORITY PARKING LOT, 1801 ABSECON BLVD. (ROUTE 30), ATLANTIC CITY (RIGHT NEXT TO THE WINDMILLS): Christie Whitman, our last Republican Governor (and NJ?s last Republican controlled legislature) doubled electric bills in 1999 with things like new ?societal benefits? and ?market transition? charges– and paying solar panel and windmill owners $750 every time they produce $60 worth of electricity. Now, Republican Governor Christie teamed up with Democrat Senate President Steve Sweeney (who is also paid $189,000 each year to be ?General Organizer? for the AFL-CIO Ironworkers Union) to make a new law that raises electric bills even more?and guarantees big profits for selected companies (and unions) who build windmills at sea.
2. PLEASE MAKE A SIGN TO EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS AND COME TO THE EVENT. WE EXPECT WIDESPREAD NEWSPAPER AND TV COVERAGE. Call 609-927-7333 or email email@example.com for details or directions.
3. SETH GROSSMAN CURRENT-GAZETTE PUBLISHED COLUMN FOR THIS WEEK: ?Besides costing a fortune, windmills and solar panels don?t reduce pollution or our dependence on coal, oil, or natural gas. They make things worse. Here?s why: Electric power grids need a constant flow of electricity. But solar energy stops after 4 p.m. and whenever a cloud goes by. As a sailor, I know how fickle and unreliable the wind is. Every time solar or wind energy stops, back-up coal and natural gas generators must instantly crank up to keep up the level of juice in the grid. Otherwise, the whole system would crash every day, like in Iraq. When I was a kid, many homes and my elementary school had coal furnaces. You can?t just start them up and shut them down ? you must often keep them burning even when you don?t need them. I invite you to read the details from Robert Bryce in his book, ?Power Hungry: The Myths of ?Green? Energy and the Real Fuels of the Future,? or his online articles. For complete column, go to http://libertyandprosperity.org or http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….ar-panels.html.
4. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW ABOUT ONE THIRD OF YOUR ELECTRIC BILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ELECTRICITY YOU USE, GO TO: http://www.libertyandprosperity.org/…article&id=615. IF YOU DON?T KNOW OF ?RGGI? PLAN OF REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR CHRISTIE, AND DEMOCRAT SENATE LEADER SWEENEY, VISIT STEVE LONEGAN?S WEBSITE AT: http://nonjcapandtrade.com/.
5. GLENN BECK BROUGHT 300,000 TO 500,000 PEOPLE TO WASHINGTON DC LAST SATURDAY TO ?RESTORE HONOR? TO AMERICA. THAT WAS THE EASY PART. THE HARD PART IS SPENDING AS MUCH TIME, ENERGY, AND TALENT ON PROJECTS THAT WILL RAISE ENOUGH MONEY AND VOLUNTEERS TO ELECT CANDIDATES FOR FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL OFFICE WHO UNDERSTAND AND LOVE LIBERTY AS MUCH AS WE DO.
6. WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS TO PERSONALLY ASK YOU TO BUY A TICKET TO OUR FUNDRAISER. SO PLEASE CONTACT US. The event is Sunday, September 12, from 4pm to 6pm at Gregory?s Restaurant and Bar, 900 Shore Road, Somers Point. Tickets are $20 each, $25 per couple and include free buffet included with cash bar. Our event begins right after the ceremony to remember Richard Somers and the crew of the Intrepid who died defending Americans from Arab Jihad on September 4, 1804. That ceremony is at 3PM at the Somers Mansion by the Somers Point Traffic Circle near the Bridge to Ocean City at 9th Street. Contact Seth Grossman at 609-927-7333 or by return e-mail.
7. GOVERNMENT BY LOTTERY? EACH YEAR, NEW JERSEY CITIZENS PAY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN FEDERAL TAXES?AS A HIGH INCOME STATE, WE PAY FAR MORE THAN OUR SHARE. So why did we have to enter a contest to get $400 million of our own money back for our schools? Why were only 10 states allowed to win this contest? Why was the whole state punished with the loss of $400 million because one state official answered one question wrong on the contest form? The error was obvious and discovered right away?why weren?t we given the chance to correct it? Or better yet, if states need the money, why should the federal government collect money, just to give it back to the states? Why not let states collect their own money directly from their own state taxpayers?
8. SEPTEMBER LIBERTY MOVIE: ?The Stoning of Soraya M.” Monday September 20th at 6:00pm at the Mays Landing Library, 40 Farragut Avenue Mays Landing. The chilling true story of a woman in Iran falsely charged, and sentenced to brutal death. Winner of the Toronto International Film Festival. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbdn5YfMJs
9. Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
10. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO GET OUR MESSAGE OUT!!! Please pay your $30 dues AND buy your $25 ticket for our September 12 event. This is how we pay to get our message out?on the radio, the internet and on road signs. If you live near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! Contact Seth Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 927-7333.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.