1. ? Meet and hear Brigitte Gabrielle, a remarkable woman and powerful speaker this Thursday, September 27th at 7:00 PM, in Vineland.??? The event is sponsored by the Greenwich Tea Party Patriots, but will NOT be held at its regular Elmer meeting place.?? Because Gabrielle requires a minimum of 600 seats, the event will be held at the 1200 seat Chestnut Assembly of God, Chestnut Assembly of God, 2554 E. Chestnut Ave., Vineland, NJ 08360.?? For directions, call 856-691-1205.
2. ? ? ? ? ?Brigitte Gabriel was born in Lebanon with the name Nour Saman to a Maronite Christian family.???? During the Lebanese Civil War, Islamic militants launched an assault on a Lebanese military base near her family’s house and destroyed her home. . . Using the name Nour Saman, Gabriel was a news anchor for World News, an Arabic-language evening news broadcast of Middle East Television, a Marjayoun-based station run by the now defunct SLA and funded by Israel. before immigrating in 1989 to the United States, where she founded a television production, marketing and advertising agency.
3. ? ? ? ? ?Gabriel is the author of two books.?? In her first book, ?Because They Hate?, ?Gabriel comments that “anyone who voices his or her opinion contrary to ‘politically correct think’ is immediately tagged a “racist” or “bigot” and that this has resulted in a “social paranoia which discourages free thought and expression.”Moreover, she states that societies and cultures must be held accountable for their actions and that “by not judging others… we have helped create the monsters we are dealing with today.”
4. ? ? ? ? ?In ?They Must Be Stopped?, Gabriel writes, “We, as infidels in the eyes of our enemy, need to understand the danger we face: A totalitarian ideology ? whether its origin is mainstream or marginal ? threatens to enslave, dominate, and murder us in order to realize its vision for global conquest.”
5. ? ? ? ? ?Gabriel is critical of Islam and believes that “the degraded state of Arab societies is caused by Islam”, and that Arab Muslims are “lagging behind” because of social and religious values.? She considers “Islamic terrorists” simply as devout followers of Islam, following an example set by Muhammad’s behavior.
6. ? ? ? ? ?In a recent interview, Gabriel said, ?It is not politically correct to say that our Western societies are better than the Muslim Arab societies, but we are, we have been, and we always will be.?
7. ? ? ? ? ?Gabriel views America as “a powerful and great nation” possessing “superior.. culture and values”, Gabriel sees the entitlements that American Western culture has bestowed through “the Judeo-Christian value system” and the ideals of the Founding Fathers, who “worked to establish rights for the individual, rights that did not exist under other forms of government at that time.”? (Source:? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
8. ? ? ? ? ? Regular Breakfast Discussion this Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at the Shore Diner. Tilton and Fire Roads in Egg Harbor Township. ?Regular live, two way talk radio on 92.1 FM (Vineland) heard in most of South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Wilmington, DE.?? Last week, angry phone calls from three Obama Democrats proved that the program is reaching a lot of people.??? Seth Grossman will be unable to appear on Larry Trulli and Dan Klein radio programs on 1020AM (Ocean City) for the the fourth straight week because of a court appearance and the Jewish Yom Kippur holiday.?? Hopefully, he will return to 1020AM on a regular basis afterwards.
9. ? ? ? ? ??Bring a friend or family member to the next Breakfast.?? Liberty and Prosperity will pick up the check for one of the three Liberty specials for the first time any South Jersey high school or college student attends one of our breakfasts.?? We don?t expect you to attend every breakfast meeting, but you should attend one meeting every month or two to learn the news that never makes the TV networks or daily newspapers.? Forward this email to friends and family and ask them to sign up for our email updates at http://www.
10. ? ? ? ? ??Turnpike Authority to spend $210 million to demolish Beesleys Point bridge and build new parkway span?.???? Why will this bridge over a small river cost more than the $197 million it cost to build the second Chesapeake Bridge Bay Bridge Tunnel over 17.6 miles of open ocean?with two artificial islands???? Why is New Jersey building a new bridge right next to an existing bridge, rather than finish Route 55 and remove the death traps at Routes 47 and 347?or make Route 40 a four lane divided highway?
11. ? ? ? ? ? ?Rasmussenreports.com reported last week that 45% of Americans think public school teachers are paid too little, and that 33% think they are paid the right amount.??? But only 25% of those surveyed had any idea as to how much public school teachers earn today!
12. ? ? ? ? ??New Jersey-New York Port Authority May Take Over Atlantic City?s Airport?.??? When Atlantic City local government ran the Atlantic City Airpor until the 1980?s, it was one of the lowest cost, most efficient airports in the country?with free parking.??? Things got a little more expensive and political when the South Jersey Transportation Authority (and Camden County Democrats took over).?? But Atlantic City Airport was able to attract Spirit Airlines because it was far cheaper.?? Meanwhile Newark Airport is the most expensive airport with the highest fees in the country.?? ?How would South Jersey residents benefit by having the New York-New Jersey Port Authority, one of the most wasteful and corrupt government agencies in the country, take over the Atlantic City Airport??? This is the same agency that charges $12 tolls for the run-down Holland and Lincoln Tunnels, and which is looking for new sources of money to bail out its failed World Trade Center rebuilding project.? And why aren?t any local politicians, Republican or Democrats, speaking out against this outrage?
13. ? ? ? ? ?Wildwood Hotel-Motel Owners got what they asked for.?? But now demand yet another tax on tourists.?? ?Back in 2003 when Democrat McGreevey was Governor, the Wildwood Hotel-Motel owners complained that? state government was not spending enough to promote the tourist industry.? So they demanded and got a 6% hotel tax on top of the sales tax, for a total of 13% tax on all hotel rooms in the state.?? But state politicians spent most of the tax money to hire friends and relatives, and for a $21 million slush fund to promote ?arts and entertainment? projects that did nothing to attract tourists. ?And many tourists went elsewhere to avoid the tax?or began renting condos on a weekly basis through the internet.??? The Wildwood Hotel-Motel Owners are now back in the news.?? But instead of demanding a repeal of the 13% Hotel-Motel Tax, they are demanding a new 13% Tourist tax on all condo rentals, ?to level the playing field?.
14. ? Rick Ackerman is a nationally known stock analyst in Colorado who graduated Atlantic City High School in 1967. ? He just published this review of the Revel Hotel Casino in Atlantic City:
?The latest in a series of missteps, one that proves there is no such thing as a deal Wall Street doesn?t like, is the recently opened Revel Resort. Although a book could be written about how not to fix Atlantic City, Revel has proven once again that the ?build it and they will come? mantra is fatally flawed.
?Revel was conceived in the early 2000s and funded by Morgan Stanley to the tune of $2.4 billion when construction started just before the Great Financial Collapse. By late 2008, with the project less than 50% complete, Morgan Stanley bailed out with a $1 billion loss.? But Revel got a new lease on life as 2011 began when veteran casino executive Kevin De Sanctis took over, bolstered by a $260 million tax credit from New Jersey and a complicated $1.1 billion loan.
?Thereafter, in May, the casino resort officially opened, with Governor Christie calling it ?crucial for Atlantic City?s success.?? More than 700 feet in height, Revel is the second tallest building in New Jersey, and its 6.5 million square feet of interior space dwarfs all of its casino competitors. These statistics may seem impressive, but when one considers that Revel?s monthly profits so far have placed it at the bottom of the casino pack, the monstrosity at the end of the Boardwalk isn?t so impressive.
?Metaphorically speaking,? you could say that Atlantic City is a toilet and Revel is the Tidy Bowl Man. . . ??? For rest of column, go to http://www.rickackerman.com/
15. ? ? ? ? ?Stockton College is also? setting up a ?Democracy Caf?? program of round-table discussions on ?political and civic issues? facing a democratic society?? According to its Press Release, ?the events are free and open to all?.?? The location is the Campus Cener Gallery East, ourside the Board of Trustees Room in the Campus Center in Pomona.?? We urge you to attend as many of these sessions as you can and present the ?Liberty and Prosperity? point of view.?? Please contact Seth Grossman at email@example.com or 609-927-7333 to pick up literature explaining our organization.1.????????????? The events are scheduled as follows:?? October 2 from 12:30 PM to 2PM.??? Rewriting the Constitution (But not understanding and defending it)??? 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM on October
16.??? Election Edition (Fair and balanced?)? November 1 12:30pm to 2PM.??? Stockton College also scheduled discussions on the economy and health care?but not until AFTER the election.
17.? Become a full voting member of LibertyAndProsperity.org! Dues are $60 per year, attend 3 business meetings each year, and work on at least one volunteer project each year. Or be a non-voting supporting member for just $30 per year, with no other commitment.??? Forward this email to friends and family, and ask them to sign up for our weekly update at http://www.
18. ? Did Republican candidate for President Mitt Romney “shoot from the hip” when he said President Obama’s failed Middle East policy and incompetence caused the death of four Americans in Libya on September 11? ? ?Was he ?arrogant? and ?stupid? for waying he could not worry about winning the votes of 47% of Americans who don?t pay taxes, and who are dependent on government????? Or is he he being punished for telling the obvious truth? ? Please? read the rough draft of that column for the Current and Gazette weekly newspapers in Atlantic and Cape May Counties and forward your corrections and suggestions for improvement to Seth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
?There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the President no matter what. . . who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That it?s an entitlement. . . These are people who pay no income tax? My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. . . ? Republican Candidate for President Mitt Romney
When Mother Jones, a radical, left-wing magazine posted a video of Romney making those remarks, almost every political ?expert? on TV and in the daily newspapers said Romney was clueless and out of touch.
Republican establishment ?experts? like Bill Kristol and Peggy Noonan also bashed Romney. These same Republican insiders for years told conservatives to forget the Constitution and our principles because only ?moderates? like Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney were ?electable?.
They again got their way. Romney won the nomination. But now at the first sign of trouble, they tell us their handpicked candidate is not electable.
What a shame. What Romney said is true
It is true that at least 47% of Americans don?t pay any federal income tax. Many of them, including tens of thousands of illegal immigrants, get thousands of dollars of ?tax refunds? each year when though they don?t work on the books enough to owe a nickel in income tax. That is because they qualify for various ?credits? like the Earned Income Credit (EIC). That is why so many people rush to like H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt to file their returns right after New Years?rather than wait until April 15.
Others, include General Electric, run by CEO Jeff Immelt, a favorite of Obama. GE paid no federal taxes in 2010 and got a $3.2 billion refund, thanks to ?green energy? tax credits it lobbied for and got from Democratic President Obama and a Democratic Congress.
Second, it is true that at least 47% depend on government to live very comfortable lives. Some qualify for tax subsidized and/or tax-exempt housing, free medical care, food stamps, electricity, cell phones, and recreation programs?without having to work very hard to get them ?if they work at all.
Others include Goldman-Sachs multi-millionaire Democrats like ex-Governor Jon Corzine, Henry Paulson, and Robert Rubin, who would now be broke and possibly in jail if a Democrat controlled Congress didn?t bail them out of their bad investments in 2008. Here in New Jersey, it includes the wealthy owners and executives of the Revel Casino, Margaritaville, and Bass Pro Shops who got millions of taxpayer dollars thanks to Democratic Senators Sweeney, Whelan, and Lesniak.
Many seniors who feel they paid for their social security and Medicare benefits should dig out their old Lifetime Social Security Earnings Statements, and see how they paid peanuts into the system during most of their working lives. And used up whatever they contributed plus interest, in just a few years after they started to collect.
Third, Romney was right when he said could not worry about winning the votes of these people.
To do that Romney would have less than six months to persuade millions of people in just six months that liberty?low taxes, limited government, equal treatment for all– brings prosperity.
He would have to persuade people getting solar and wind subsidies that they would save more money if those programs were eliminated and electric bills were cut in half?like in Florida.
Romney would have to persuade college students that without government mismanagement of colleges, tuition would fall to $7,500 per year, and they could afford college without government help. And that medical care would again be affordable if we again used insurance to only cover catastrophic ?major medical? illnesses, rather than every sore throat and toothache.
And how the federal government cannot continue to borrow 42 cents for every dollar it spends. Or allow more Americans to demand and take, while fewer and fewer produce and pay.
But these are complicated issues that require hours of reading and discussion. They can?t be explained in a 60 second campaign ad or a two minute response to a TV debate or interview question.
That is why we created LibertyAndProsperity.org. It is our job as free citizens to understand and defend liberty. It is not Romney?s job to teach that.