Weekly Update – August 28, 2010
Two-Way Talk Radio Program, 92.1FM (Covers most of South Jersey) every Saturday, 8AM to 9AM. Live on-air call in number is 856-696-0092. Details at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
CAN?T COME TO OUR SATURDAY MORNING BREAKFAST? THEN COME TO OUR MOVIE/DISCUSSION/REFRESHMENTS THIS TUESDAY EVENING (DETAILS BELOW). CONTACT US BY E-MAIL OR AT 609-927-7333 TO SET UP A SPECIAL PROGRAM IN YOUR AREA.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. TUESDAY NEXT WEEK (AUGUST 31) EVENING MOVIE AND DISCUSSION: ?GLORY!? This Academy Award winner tells the true story of how one infantry regiment of all black volunteers changed the attitudes of whites around the nation–and the outcome of the Civil War. After the movie, let?s talk about how widespread respect for black soldiers during the war led to three Amendments to the Constitution and new laws to guarantee equal rights for blacks– and how so-called progressives (including then-Princeton Professor Woodrow Wilson) lied about the true history of the Civil War, and took those rights away thirty years later. Program begins 6PM on Tuesday, August 31 at the Mays Landing Branch of the Atlantic County Library, Main Street & Farragut Aves, (by the River).
2. THURSDAY NEXT WEEK (SEPTEMBER 2) AT 11 AM: JOINT ?INFORMATION NEWS PRESENTATION? WITH STEVE LONEGAN AND AMERICANS FOR PROSPERITY. LOCATION: ATLANTIC COUNTY UTILITIES AUTHORITY PARKING LOT, 1801 ABSECON BLVD. (ROUTE 30), ATLANTIC CITY (RIGHT NEXT TO THE WINDMILLS): Learn how Republican Governor Christie and Democrat Senate Leader Sweeney are killing casino hotels (and every other business) with extra-high electric bills to build windmills in the ocean that waste more energy than they produce. For background, see ?The U.S. should stop wasting billions to subsidize unreliable wind energy projects? at http://www.slate.com/id/2264111. And ?Windpower often leads to higher carbon emissions?. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000…528078676.html.
3. IF YOU STILL DON?T KNOW THAT ABOUT ONE THIRD OF YOUR ELECTRIC BILL IS A HIDDEN TAX FOR WINDMILLS, SOLAR PANELS AND FREE ELECTRICITY FOR THE ?POOR?, READ THE SETH GROSSMAN ESSAY AT: http://www.libertyandprosperity.org/…article&id=615. IF YOU DON?T KNOW OF ?RGGI? PLAN OF REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR CHRISTIE AND DEMOCRAT SENATE LEADER TO CHARGE EVEN MORE, READ STEVE LONEGAN WEBSITE AT: http://nonjcapandtrade.com/.
4. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PERSUADE DEMOCRAT SENATOR JIM WHELAN AND ASSEMBLYMEN MAT MILAM AND NELSON ALBANO, AND REPUBLICAN ASSEMBLYMEN JOHN AMODEO AND VINCE POLISTINA NOT TO RAISE GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS TO BUILD WINDMILLS IN THE OCEAN? BE A CANDIDATE AND RUN AN EFFECTIVE CAMPAIGN AGAINST THEM NEXT JUNE! (IF THEY DON?T CHANGE THEIR VIEWS.) NOW IS THE TIME TO LEARN AND PREPARE?NOT THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE ELECTION! CONTACT US FOR DETAILS ON WHAT TO LEARN AND WHERE TO LEARN IT. (And what better way to get the experience and exposure you need than by helping us organize events like these?)
5. IF YOU DID NOT BUY A TICKET FOR YOURSELF AND SELL ONE TO A FRIEND OR NEIGHBOR, PLEASE DO IT THIS WEEK. We can?t continue our work without your direct participation. We made our tickets very affordable and easy to sell?but we need your help to sell them. Sunday, September 12, 2010 from 4PM to 6PM at Gregory?s Restaurant and Bar, 900 Shore Road, Somers Point. Tickets are $20 each, $25 per couple. Free buffet included with cash bar. Our event begins right after the ceremony to remember Richard Somers and the crew of the Intrepid who died defending Americans from Arab Jihad on September 4, 1804. That ceremony is at 3PM at the Somers Mansion by the Somers Point Traffic Circle near the Bridge to Ocean City at 9th Street. Contact Seth Grossman at 609-927-7333 or return e-mail to buy your ticket.
6. Seth Grossman Current/Gazette essay this week is about a little known the portion of the Old Testament of the Bible that is written on the Liberty Bell?the law of the Jubilee. Can we apply this idea to restore the American Dream to our young people today? Read the full essay at: http://www.libertyandprosperity.org/…article&id=621.
7. Still looking for a ride to the Restore Honor Rally in Washington, DC this Saturday? As of yesterday, 6 seats were available on buses leaving from the East Gate Mall, Moorestown at 4:30 AM sharp. You must sign in at 4AM. This bus will go to the last stop on the Orange line of the Metro and then from there you will take the train to the Smithsonian stop, where there is a 7 block walk to the rally. The cost is $45.00 and you must contact Jane Twaddel at 609-410-3027 or email her at email@example.com. This is a 1st come 1st serve. There are also 2 seats left for a bus leaving out of the NJ Tranist Parking lot off of the White Horse Pike in Atco, NJ. You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
8. We need YOU. Not just to attend these events, but to make phone calls to remind people to attend these events. Not just to buy a ticket to our September 12 fundraiser, but to sell at least one ticket as well. Thanks.
9. Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
10. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO GET OUR MESSAGE OUT!!! We need 200 MORE people to pay $30 dues to keep our message on the radio, the internet and on road signs. If you live near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! Contact Seth Grossman at email@example.com or (609) 927-7333.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.