LibertyAndProsperity.org? Update??? Movie this Wednesday Night
MOVIE THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT? (JULY 13) AT 6PM:? ?NINE DAYS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD?.?? This film of human liberation describes Pope John Paul II’s historic nine-day pilgrimage to Poland in June of 1979.?? Many say this visit created a revolution of conscience that transformed Poland and raises many interesting questions.??? Did the Pope?s visit to Poland fundamentally reshape the spiritual and political landscape of the 20th Century by causing the collapse of the Soviet Union??? Was Communism in Russia collapsing anyway??? What was the effect of renewal in England with the conservative government of Margaret Thatcher, or in America with Ronald Reagan???? The screening will take place at the Shore Diner, 6710 Tilton Road, in Egg Harbor Township.??? Come early for a great meal (Early Bird Specials served until 5:30 PM) and stay for this uplifting film. Admission is free.
ON LIVE 2-WAY TALK RADIO:? SATURDAYS? 8AM-9AM ON?? 92.1 FM.?? MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS 3PM-4PM (AFTER RUSH LIMBAUGH) ON 1400 AM.? (If you can?t get 92.1 FM on your radio, go to? http://wvlt.com/listenlive.html.? 1400 AM can also? be heard on? the? Internet at? http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=21757&.? (To sponsor a portion of our program, contact Seth Grossman at 609-927-7333)?? SETH GROSSMAN IS BACK FROM VACATION.?
???????? 2. AT OUR BREAKFAST DISCUSSIONS EVERY SATURDAY MORNING:? 9:30AM-10:30AM.?? (Meetings start and end promptly)?? Shore Diner, Tilton & Fire Roads (near Parkway Exit 36), Egg Harbor Township.??? No admission, but breakfast order required.??
???????? 3.? IN SETH GROSSMAN?S ?LIBERTY AND PROSPERITY? COLUMN IN THE JULY CURRENT AND GAZETTE NEWSPAPERS OF ATLANTIC AND CAPE MAY COUNTIES:
?So far, most public employees, Republican and Democrat politicians, and union leaders talk only of some legal and moral obligation to fully fund pensions for all government employees, including? many highly paid ex-politicians.?? Many baby-boom cops, firemen, and public school teachers say they made plans to retire with a certain income at a certain age, and it would be wrong and illegal for the government to break its promise and upset their plans.
?But Article VIII, Section 2 of New Jersey?s Constitution says the government has no power to incur obligation that will be paid for by future taxpayers unless it is approved by voters. So far, union leaders have blocked every attempt to put the issue on the ballot.
?It is also well settled in English-American law that all victims of fraud, bankruptcy or insolvency be treated equally.
??????????????? ?Yes, it is unfair for current retirees or baby-boomers approaching retirement to get a lot less than what they were promised.? But is it fair to give them 100 percent while younger public employees doing the same work get almost nothing?
?And how is it fair, or legal, to tax our kids and grandkids to pay employees who did nothing for them and who retired before they were born or old enough to vote? Do Americans still oppose taxation without representation?
?? For complete column, go to http://libertyandprosperity.org.?? It is also be posted with other political columns at:? http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/politics.html.
4.?? NEW SETH GROSSMAN COLUMN FOR THIS WEEK SOON TO BE POSTED:?? Review of Dinesh D?Souza?s book, ?Roots of Obama?s Rage?:?? ?When Obama?s father and? other ?anti-colonialists? finally took control of their poor Asian and African countries, they decided to fix things by taking back all the wealth they believed had been stolen from them.?? They seized the farms and businesses of Europeans who lived there, and heavily taxed and controlled European and American businesses.? They also demanded and got billions of dollars in aid and loans from European and American governments that never got paid back.
?According to D?Souza, this is how President Barak Obama looks at the world today.? If people are poor, they are entitled to a share of the wealth that was taken from them by those ?lucky? enough to be rich. . . ?
5. WHY ARE THE ECONOMIC ?EXPERTS? ALWAYS ?SURPRISED?? BY THE ECONOMY, BUT WE ARE NOT???? ?The world somehow makes more sense to us when gold prices are rising and shares are falling.? Isn?t that what?s supposed to happen when the central banks are hell-bent on trashing their respective currencies, and every economy outside of China?s continues to grind toward cliff?s edge? ???? http://www.rickackerman.com.
6. EXCITED ABOUT REPUBLICAN CHRIS CHRISTIE?S BIG BUDGET VICTORY???? Even after cutting $900 million from what the Democrats wanted, the budget of Republican Christie still includes all eight years of increases put in by Democrats McGreevey, Codey, and Corzine.?? Corzine?s 7% sales tax is still in place.? So is McGreevey?s 13% hotel tax.??? New Jersey still has? the same high local property taxes of states with no income tax, and the same high state income taxes of states with low property taxes.???? Republican Christie says he favors ?collective bargaining? that forces all public employees to join unions and pay dues.??? And his ?pension reform? does nothing to address the baby-boom time bomb.?? Republican Christie refuses to enforce immigration laws.? His plan for economic growth is more special deals for insiders, like the Revel Bailout.?? His froze out conservatives like Steve Lonegan to get the support of Steve Sweeney for his education reform.? But now Sweeney will do nothing to help Christie.??? Yet the Christie-Kean Republicans say WE are the ones who have to learn to be ?practical??
7. AUGUST 2 SHOWDOWN ON DEBT LIMIT:?? The same economic ?experts? who said we had to bail out Wall Street with $3 trillion of borrowed money in 2008 ?to save the economy?, now say we have to raise the $14,300,000,000,000 debt ceiling and borrow even more money ?to save the economy?.??? We admit that if the federal government defaults on its obligation, there will be hardship.?? But won?t there be even more hardship if we go even deeper into debt???? Should we raise taxes to balance the budget??? Remember that 47% of American households pay no federal income tax whatsoever, and the top 5% (households earning more than $160,000 per year) pay 58% of federal income taxes.???
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA AND FEDERAL TREASURER SECRETARY TIM GEITHNER SAY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO BORROW MORE MONEY TO PRESERVE AMERICA?S CREDIT WORTHINESS.?? DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE???????? Would you loan money to someone with $35,000 of credit card bills, who only makes $35,000 per year???? Would you be more likely to money to that person if he charged another $10,000 on his credit cards to put himself $45,000 in debt???? Why do the financial experts think you improve the credit-worthiness of the government by putting it into deeper into debt??
9. WHY WON?T? OUR REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN FRANK LOBIONDO TALK ABOUT THE DEBT CEILING????? LoBiondo had plenty to say in the newspaper about getting medical care for veterans in Atlantic County?which, of course, is needed.?? And he talked on WOND radio about why Mexican trucks should not be on U.S. highways.???? But his vote on the debt ceiling is the most important Congressional vote of his life.?? Why won?t he talk about it now?before the vote?
10. NEWS ITEM:? JULY 23, 2011:?? Republican Governor Christie Restores Funds for Controversial DEP Office:??? ?While much of the attention focused on Gov. Chris Christie?s line-item vetoes, which slashed $900 million from the current state budget, the Republican governor did restore $1.3 million in funds trimmed by the Democratic-controlled legislature. The cut would have eliminated the Office of Economic Growth and Green Energy within the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
?The office, established by DEP Commissioner Bob Martin more than a year ago, has been leading efforts to attract an offshore wind manufacturing industry to New Jersey, a top priority of the administration. . . ??? Source:? http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/11/0711/1952/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Wake%20Up%20Call%20NJ&utm_campaign=Wake%20Up%20Call
11. THANKS TO LIBERTY AND PROSPERITY PRESIDENT DENNIS MAHON FOR SPEAKING AT THE JULY FOURTH CELEBRATION IN SMITHVILLE (GALLOWAY TWP).? And thanks to the ten volunteers who carried our Liberty and Prosperity banners and flags in that parade.
12.? Liberty and Prosperity Ten Point Program for 2011:?
?? I.? No eminent domain for private gain.
? II.? Enforce federal immigration laws.?? No amnesty.?? Deport illegal aliens.
?III.? Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
?IV.? Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
? V.? Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
?VI.? Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution.? Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII.? Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments.?? Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they
choose.? Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join.? Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
?VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.?
? IX. Term limits for all elected officials.? Pensions for none.
?? X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values.? Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization.? We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity.? ?Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:? Voting Members:? $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year.?? Non-Voting Members:? $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.
WHY ARE YOU RECEIVING THIS E-MAIL??? At some point during the past three years, you, or someone who knew you, asked that we put your name on our e-mail list.?? If for any reason, you do not want to receive these communications from us, please contact us and we will immediately remove you from our list.??? If you agree with our mission, please forward this message to your friends and family.?? Thanks!