Weekly Update – July 31, 2010
Two-Way Talk Radio Program, 92.1FM (Covers most of South Jersey) every Saturday, 8AM to 9AM. Live on-air call in number is 856-696-0092. Details at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
HAVE TROUBLE JOINING US SATURDAY MORNINGS IN ATLANTIC COUNTY? CONTACT US BY E-MAIL OR AT 609-927-7333 AND LET US SET UP A SPECIAL PROGRAM IN YOUR TOWN.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. THE LAST THING ATLANTIC CITY NEEDS IS MORE STATE GOVERNMENT. New Jersey casinos are in trouble. Although there is corruption and incompetence in Atlantic City City?s local government, state government is even worse?Which is why local government in Atlantic City got so bad in the first place. . . For complete article, go to http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….-thing-atlanti or http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
2. GOVERNOR CHRISTIE’S “CAP” AND “TOOLKIT”–THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS. READ GOVERNOR CHRISTIE’S COMPLICATED AND CONFUSING 33 POINT ?TOOL KIT? TO CUT LOCAL PROPERTY TAXES AT http://www.njpsa.org/userfiles/File/Toolkit_Bullets.pdf. THEN READ OUR TEN CORE PRINCIPLES FOR LIBERTY AND PROSPERITY FOR 2010 LISTED BELOW. WHICH DO YOU THINK WILL CUT TAXES THE MOST?
3. ARE NJ POLICE COLLECTING A NEW ?POLICE TAX? TO AVOID LAYOFFS? Last weekend, Hamilton Township (Mays Landing) police set up a massive speed trap where they were stopping and ticketing dozens of cars each hour on Route 322 between Route 50 and the Hamilton Mall. Was this to increase safety? Or to fix the town?s $2.4 million projected budget shortfall for 2011? Township Administrator Ed Sasdelli announced his early retirement a few days before saying ?I cannot successfully manage this municipality through the existing fiscal crisis while meeting or exceeding the expectations of taxpayers, employees, and elected officials?. That story is posted at http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/c…cc4c002e0.html.
4. $3.74 MILLION FROM TAXPAYERS TO FINANCE NEW HILTON HOTEL IN MILLVILLE. Details at http://www.nj.com/bridgeton/index.ss…90.xml&coll=10. Millville government also gave $6.8 million to selected property owners in its ?Revenue Allocation District? (RAD). Properties in this small district pay a small fraction of regular property taxes. Every property outside the RAD district pays more. In the past, when opponents of this plan got too strong, the district was expanded to include their properties. These critics then were quiet when they got money and tax breaks. These special deals for a few go against the idea of ?liberty and justice for all?. Every time these programs are used to ?create jobs? in Millville, more factories and businesses shut down, and more jobs are lost.
5. Have you seen the latest news from the Gulf Coast? In most all areas, the oil is gone, the water is clear, the beaches are open. Thousands of clean-up workers are still being paid by the government, but have nothing to do. We predicted this months ago, but the liberal media seem surprised?and disappointed. See: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/bp-oil-spil…ry?id=11254252.
6. ORDER YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR OUR MAJOR FALL FUNDRAISER: Sunday, September 12, 2010 from 4PM to 6PM. Tickets $20 each, $25 couple includes free buffet and cash bar. We are awaiting confirmation of location from a well known tavern in Somers Point. Our event will take place after the ceremony to honor Master Commandant Richard Somers who died on the Intrepid in Tripoli Harbor on September 4, 1804. That ceremony will take place at 3PM at the Somers Mansion by the Somers Point Traffic Circle near the Bridge to Ocean City at 9th Street. Contact Seth Grossman at 609-927-7333 or by return e-mail to buy your ticket, and to sell one or two others to friends and family.
7. Mark your calendar for the next Liberty at the Movies: ?Glory!? Tuesday, August 31, 6PM at the Mays Landing Branch of the Atlantic County Library. Learn the truth about the American Civil War?Millions of white and black Americans worked, fought, and died together to end slavery, and apply the Declaration of Independence to all Americans. Then let?s talk about how white racists joined with liberals and black racists to suppress that truth. See the trailer at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
8. DO YOU NEED A RIDE TO WASHINGTON, DC FOR THE AUGUST 27 AND 28 EVENTS? See http://www.glennbeck.com/828/. . . And to the Americans for Prosperity event in Washington the day before. See http://www.americansforprosperity.org/new-jersey.
9. Check out other organizations and events that promote liberty. The United Tea Party, http://www.uni-tea.com/ and the Independence Hall Tea Party Association, http://www.independencehalltpa.com/ are sponsoring a rally in Philadelphia this Saturday, July 31, 2010 from 12 Noon to 3PM. All communities are invited.
11. Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts, and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X Audit, reform, or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals. or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
12. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO GET OUR MESSAGE OUT!!! We need 200 MORE people to pay $30 dues to keep our message on the radio, the internet and on road signs. If you live near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! Contact Seth Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 927-7333.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.