Weekly Update – May 1, 2010
1. LIBERTY AT THE MOVIES THIS THURSDAY: Why are Obama Social Democrats so sure they will win the elections, even if most Americans oppose their anti-American agenda? Part is vote fraud. Part is ?amnesty? so illegal Haitians and Hispanics can vote. But a big part is brainwashing our young people in high school and college. Learn how they do it, and how to stop them!.
a. It?s all in the movie ?INDOCTRINATE U.? It will be shown by Mark Hutchinson at the Mays Landing branch of the Atlantic County Library, 40 Farragut Avenue (corner of Main Street near River), Mays Landing, NJ starting at 6PM. No admission, but donation encouraged. For a preview, go to http://www.indoctrinate-u.com/intro/ or www.libertyandprosperity.org.
2. GREAT DAY AT SOMERS POINT BAYFEST. More than 20,000 people walked by our Liberty and Prosperity information tent last Saturday, hundreds took our literature, and many signed up and made donations. Help us do the same thing at other festivals. If you know of an event, or can help us meet and greet people, please let us know. Our next event? The Ocean City Block Party on Asbury Avenue, this Sunday, May 2! Contact us at (609) 927-7333.
3. LIBERTY AND PROSPERITY AND TEA PARTIES?CAN?T WE ALL GET ALONG? Liberty and Prosperity is New Jersey?s first Tea Party Movement. We have been learning and teaching the history and culture of the American Revolution since 2003. For seven years, we did not need new ?revenue? to fix budget problems. We had to cut spending. T.E.A. We said all along we were Taxed Enough Already.
a. Since then, other ?Tea Party? groups have been formed, and many of them are now saying the same thing. In 2008, Steve Lonegan, won roughly 44% of the Republican primary vote as a Tea Party candidate. Tea Party candidates should have done even better this year. But it did not happen.
b. At first, we kept quiet about it. But now, something must be done. Why are there no Tea Party candidates for party county committees, or county or local office. Why did the local Tea Party chapter hold a big meeting in Egg Harbor Township last week and not even mention that Linda Biamonte was a candidate for Congress? Read the news article on that meeting here: http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….he-leader.html.
c. I commented on that meeting with this column: http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….f-purpose.html. I also wrote about this last week in http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….he-system.html.
d. When I wrote these columns, many Tea Party people were angry at me for ?attacking? the movement? Does the movement need some ?tough love? to grow up? What do you think? Let?s talk about it on the radio program or at the next breakfast discussion. How can we combine the teaching, organization, and discipline of http://www.LibertyAndProsperity.org with the popular and spontaneous enthusiasm of Susan Lord’s Tea Parties?
4. The May business meeting is important. We will not only nominate trustees and officers for next year. We will also change our basic program. These Nine Points were suggested at our last meeting, and were printed on our new flyers for Bayfest. What do you think?
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce Federal immigration law. No amnesty. Deport foreigners who are illegally in this country.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries and contracts online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution, or for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring ?government of the people, by the people, and for the people? back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don?t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don?t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits we can afford to pay our public ?servants?.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
5. Members have also suggested the following additional points for consideration:
a. Audit, then end the Federal Reserve System to create our money
b. Tort reform to limit lawsuits
c. Health care tax-free savings accounts instead of insurance
d. Re-establish state sovereignty under Article X of U.S. Constitution.
Which, if any of these ideas, should be added to our list?
6. Is a new prison-criminal-illegal immigrant culture taking over Cumberland County? I heard this for the first time during last week?s radio program. During the past ten years, many new prisons were built in Cumberland County to ?create jobs?. Now dangerous prisoners are being released there, and their families, mostly on welfare, are moving there. This is increasing crime and creating a whole new prison/criminal culture in Cumberland County, complete with violent gangs. There are also illegal immigrant gangs. Several good people have already been murdered, robbed, and terrorized. In 1776, Americans declared that Governments are instituted to secure our unalienable rights, including ?life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?. But politicians today are so busy taking money from one group and giving it to another that they are too busy to protect our ?unalienable rights?.
7. Do you want a leadership position in www.libertyandprosperity.org? To be a full voting member, you must pay $60 dues, attend three meetings a month, and volunteer for one project a year. To be a director you must take charge of a project. Member meetings are on the Second Monday of each month at 6PM at the Athena Diner. Trustee Board Meetings are at 5 PM. Additional Trustees will be Nominated at the May meeting, and elected at the June Meeting. Please contact me at 609-927-7333 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
1. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO GET OUR MESSAGE OUT!!! We need 400 people to pay $30 dues to keep our message on the radio, the internet, and on road signs. If you land near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! Contact Seth Grossman at email@example.com or (609) 927-7333.
7. Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues, Attend 3 business meetings per year, Work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year, not attendance or volunteer requirements