Weekly Update – November 20, 2010
Tilton & Fire Roads (By Parkway Exit 36), Egg Harbor Township, NJ
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET BECOME A $30 MEMBER, WHY NOT JOIN AND PLAY A MORE ACTIVE PART?
A. 92.1FM Vineland (Covers most of South Jersey) live two-way talk with Seth Grossman every Saturday, 8AM to 9AM. On-air number is 856-696-0092. Details at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org
B. 1400 AM Linwood (South Jersey shore area from Barnegat to Cape May): Mondays and Tuesdays, 3PM to 4PM. Live on-air call-in number is 609-927-1100. NOTE-THIS PROGRAM NEEDS MORE SPONSORS/PATRONS TO STAY ON THE AIR. PLEASE CONTACT SETH GROSSMAN NOW TO HELP. THANKS.
If you like this message, please forward it to everyone you know!
New e-mail address for Seth Grossman: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Who benefits when labor unions run the government? Read latest Seth Grossman column in Current-Gazette newspapers at
The Camden-Gloucester-Salem-Cumberland AFL-CIO Central Labor Council is run by Donald Norcross, who is also the Democratic state senator for parts of Camden and Gloucester County. The Atlantic-Cape May Council is run by Roy Foster, the Republican appointed chairman of the Atlantic County Improvement Authority. “The Form LM-2 Report? for 2009 shows both Norcross and Foster as business agents of IBEW Local 351. They were each paid a salary of $202,772 in 2009, plus benefits and a car. The LM-2 form also shows high salaries for these 13 other IBEW Local 351 officials:
“Business managers?: Edward Gant, $296,221; William Hosey, assistant, $202,772.
“Business agents?: Timothy Collins, $162,337; Daniel Cosner, $162,337; Robert Nedohon, $162,337; Dennis E. Kleiner (Republican councilman in Galloway Township), $135,411; Michael R. Becker, $191,907; Timothy O. Carew (Republican council president in Northfield), $162,337.
Bookkeepers: Donna Zajack, $56,482; Susan Gant, $20,671.
Secretaries: Lynn Castellari, $42,047; Karol Cohen, $64,742; Kathryn C. Doerr, $64,742. . .
“The 15,000 Atlantic City casino service workers of Local 54 UNITE-HERE pulled out of the AFL-CIO Central Labor Council of these unions. They know that when government creates a few jobs for these unions, it kills a lot more jobs for everyone else”.
2. Today, we are paying $400 million for 2.6 miles of roads and bridges between Ocean City and Somers Point, twice as much as the 17.6 mile Bay Bridge Tunnel to Virginia Beach, Virginia. $7 million each to fix up the
Levoy movie theater in Millville, and the Landis in Vineland. They won’t tell us the cost of the new train stations and railroad from Richland to Tuckahoe. Now, there is pressure for a state takeover of Atlantic City. The only purpose is to give the Revel Casino project enough tax breaks and special zoning deals so the Chinese and Wall Street will sink another $1.2 billion into the project-with a big chunk going to the unions.
3. Senator Jim Whelan and all the local Democrats are for all this. And so are Republican Assemblymen John Amodeo and Vince Polistina. Now is the time for a tea party. Tea party candidates can win the June 7 primary
elections-but only if they start planning, organizing, and raising funds now. If you want to run, contact us so you can attend a Leadership Institute seminar this year.
a. Read Seth Grossman’s essay: Union backed candidates can be beaten!
Go to http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….n-be-beat.html
b. This is what the unions do. Our side can do the same thing! See: http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index….andidates.html
4. The Point #10 of our Ten Point Program for 2010 is “Audit, reform, or abolish the Federal Reserve Bank”. Watch this short cartoon to understand why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k
5. NOVEMBER LIBERTY MOVIE: Monday, November 29th at 6:00pm at the Mays Landing Library 40 Farragut Avenue, Mays Landing. Liberty and Prosperity will present the Heritage Foundation’s “33 Minutes”. The danger to America grows with each passing day, yet our government has not completed a missile defense system capable of defending us against such attacks.
6. By the way, did the Chinese launch a missile off the coast of Los Angeles last week? Read both sides at
http://truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/c…-catalina.html and form your own opinion.
Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I, Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”.
VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
7. READY TO HELP YET? How would you like to do this newsletter once a month? How would you like to compose and read a 197 word, one minute radio spot once a month? And PLEASE pay $30 for 2010 to support the work we have done so far, and to help us do more in the future. If you live near a well traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! If you previously called and we did not get back to you, it means the message on the answering machine was not clear, so please call again. Contact Seth Grossman at email@example.com or (609) 927-7333.
Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements.