Weekly Update – November 21, 2009
1. REGULAR BREAKFAST DISCUSSION AT ATHENA DINER, 1515 NEW ROAD (between Mill & Tilton Rds), NORTHFIELD: This Saturday, November 21: 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
2. Before the breakfast, join our live, two-way radio program every Saturday morning on 92.1FM Vineland from 8AM to 9AM. The station is heard clearly in most of South Jersey and much of Philadelphia and Delaware. The on-air call-in number is 856-696-0092.
3. Help us get our one hour program back on AM radio on 1400 WOND in the Atlantic and Cape May County area. Last August, Republican County Executive Dennis Levinson and Congressman Frank LoBiondo pressured the station to cancel the program before it began. Meanwhile, both of them appear on that station any time they want. Why not make them pay a price for what they did, and ask them why they can?t tolerate a Liberty and Prosperity program for just one hour a week on that station? The on-air call-in number for all shows 1400 WOND except Pinky?s corner is 609-927-1100. Pinky?s on-air call-in number is 609-344-1211.
4. What Emergency? Last week, we had a bad, but not catastrophic northeast storm. Some sand “dunes” washed away. Governor Corzine declared an emergency. Why? These ?dunes? do nothing to stop flooding or beach erosion. Like all sandcastles, they quickly wash away when the tide comes in. These ?dunes? cost of lot money, including federal tax money. But they serve no NATIONAL purpose as required by Article I, Section 8 of our Constitution. They block the ocean view from the Boardwalk. They breed mosquitoes, ticks, and weeds?including sticker-bushes and poison ivy. But they make some people VERY rich. Margate resident Glenn Klotz is a liberal and may be completely wrong on health care and national politics?But he is very right about the dirty politics of sand ?Read his blog– http://athebeach.blogspot.com/.
5. Speaking of Margate bloggers?a lot of conservatives told me to check out a blog written by Rick Ackerman, at http://www.rickackerman.com/. I don?t know much about stocks, and can?t recommend or even comment about Rick?s ?hidden pivot? system or any of his specific investment advice. But you may enjoy his common sense observations on such general subjects as the Federal Reserve, paper money, gold, and government lies about the economy. Rick Ackerman now lives in California, but grew up in Margate, and graduated from Atlantic City High School in 1967.
6. Should Atlantic County taxpayers bail out the Revel Casino project? The project is sponsored and financed by Morgan Stanley?another Wall Street failure. In 2007, Communist China gave Morgan Stanley a $5 billion bailout. Last year, the Federal Treasury bailed them out with $10 billion in TARP funds. A few months ago, Atlantic City government borrowed $56 million for their infrastructure. Now, Democrat Governor Corzine with local Republican support made special legislation so that City Council in Atlantic City can borrow $150 million more to bail out this project. Atlantic County taxpayers will pay for most of this, but Atlantic County officials have no say. However, Republican Atlantic County Executive Dennis Levinson supports this bailout. (He also supported the $3 million Boscov?s bailout.) For details, read my column in the Current-Gazette newspapers or at http://www.shorenewstoday.com/news.php?id=5745, or at http://www.libertyandprosperity.org.
8. Part time secretarial/administrative assistant position. Liberty and Prosperity paid one of my law office secretaries about $18 per hour to help with our clerical work for 5 hours each week. But she is now leaving my office to work for a local public school. If you want to do that work, please send me your resume, and let me know your salary requirements and available hours. So far, only paid members were notified, and three people applied. I am now sending this notice to everyone on our list. If interested, please respond by 12:00 Noon Sunday. Thanks.
9. Liberty at the Movies: We will show ?The Great Global Warming Swindle? on Monday, November 23 @ 6:30 PM at the Mays Landing Library, Main Street, Mays Landing, New Jersey. There is no charge, but donations are encouraged to keep this program going. This is a VERY powerful and informative move. Click here for the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLBnhSu4TY. Because of the urgency of the Revel Bailout, I wrote my Current Article on that, and did not promote the movie. Please call the radio stations and everyone you know to help us get a good turnout for this important movie. Thanks.
10. Two of our members, Charles Lukens of Ventnor, and Peter Boyce of Millville are attending the Continental Congress 2009 in St. Charles, Illinois. For details including a live webcam of what is taking place, go to http://www.givemeliberty.org/. Charles Lukens will report on this event this Saturday morning.
11. Liberty and Prosperity straw poll? Do you want candidates who believe in American Liberty on the ballot next November? Then you should help good Liberty candidates with the primary election next June. But how do you find out about good Liberty candidates? And if you want to be a candidate, how do you get support? To run in the June primary, you must file your petitions by the first week of next April. Which means serious candidates should start preparing now! Liberty and Prosperity may sponsor a ?Straw Poll? in South Jersey next February, if there is enough interest. Are you interested enough to help? If so, please contact me about this project, as soon as possible.
12. Lukens vs. New Jersey lawsuit. Last November, New Jersey voters approved a change in our state Constitution that says what the Constitution said all along since 1844. The State can no longer borrow money, directly or indirectly, without voter approval. For the past 25 years, the State Supreme Court allowed ?independent? state agencies, like the ?New Jersey Economic Development Authority? to borrow money without voter approval. Because those agencies have no money to pay back those loans, state government routinely reimburses those agencies. This is an end-run that defeats the whole purpose of the Constitution?Under the new Constitutional Amendment, that can no longer happen. But what about the $32 billion of debt already approved without voter approval? There is confusing language that may allow the State to refinance and guarantee that debt. This Friday, this case will be heard at the Mercer County Court House in Trenton. Please contact me for details if you want to be there.
13. The Infrastructure Project: Who runs your local government? Do you know the names of your local mayor, council/committee/commission members? Do you know when their terms are up? Do you have their telephone numbers and e-mail addresses so you can contact them if you wanted to? Do you know the members of your local school boards, and their contact information? Do you know when their terms are up? If you are a Democrat, do you know the names, phone numbers of the county committee members for your district? If you are a Republican, do you know how to reach your county committee members? If you are an informed and effective citizen, you should know this information. Can you take the time to find out this information for your town, and then forward that information to me at email@example.com? So far, only a handful of our members have responded.
14. Liberty and Prosperity Lawnsigns and Billboards: We are now designing 4? x 8? large lawnsigns that say: ?No Liberty?No Prosperity, LibertyandProsperity.org, (609) 927-7333. If you own any land along a well-travelled road, please contact us, and give us permission to post one of those signs there. We also posted our meetings on www.meetup.com. If you can help get our message and meeting notices on other networking sites, please let me know. Thanks.
“Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
15. We need your help. We need your money and your time. We need you to be a member and help decide what projects we should work on. MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues, Attend 3 business meetings per year, Work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year, not attendance or volunteer requirements.