Should GOP first demand that this B.L. England power plant at Beeseley’s Point, NJ (by Garden State Parkway Exit 29) stay open? And then demand that Gov. Murphy allow building of underground pipeline along existing roads in Pine Barrens to fuel it with abundant cheap, clean natural gas from upstate Pennsylvania?
Today’s Democratic Party is “woke”. It is run by radical leftists pushing an agenda that is rapidly making America and Americans angry, divided, dependent, and broke. Only Republicans can stop them. But will they?
In 1993, Republicans took complete control of NJ state government. But then Gov. Christie Todd Whitman made things even worse and damaged GOP brand in NJ. Although Republican Chris Christie was twice elected Governor, he promoted Democrat agendas that made him NJ’s most unpopular Governor in history.
Republicans had the White House, the Senate and the House in 2001-2006 and again 2017-2018. Yet they threw away those opportunities. How can we stop GOP from repeating those mistakes?
What top issues should Republicans embrace to save America and win future elections? Here are some random issues that we discussed during the past few weeks. What are your thoughts? Let us know by email, comments blogs on our LibertyAndProsperity.com website, at our Saturday breakfasts in Somers Point–and now online again!
- Save the B.L. Power Plant at Beeseley’s Point by Garden State Parkway Exit 29 and make it operational again.
- Enforce immigration laws by identifying and deporting all “migrants” who illegally entered U.S. during past five years. A wall without “internal enforcement” is not enough. The ancient Greek city of Sparta depended on its people, not walls to defend it. Also, enforce the easy cases first. Deal with “Dreamers” and other hard cases after we first enforce the law for the easy cases.
Keep violent criminals in jail or in prison. Repeal the 2016 “Bail Reform” Amendment to the NJ State Constitution. Make the 5,300 criminals released by Gov. Murphy “to stop spread of COVID” serve their full sentences.
Allow and encourage conservatives to teach in our public schools and at Atlantic Cape Community College and Stockton University, and to run our public libraries.
- Have our publics schools, colleges, and libraries hold programs teaching the biographies and achievements of great Americans like George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Richard Somers, Thomas Edison, Andrew Carnegie, Nelson Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt, and Jim Hill.
- Promote the immediate building and expansion of nuclear power plants to produce cheap, abundant, and reliable electricity.
- Stop raising taxes and electric bills to give unfair subsidies to owners of wind turbines and solar panels.
- Promote science fairs and other practical experiments allowing students to see for themselves how useless and unreliable wind turbines and solar panels really are.
- Audit the Atlantic County Utilities Authority to find out if its 40 year recycling program is really saving money and, helping the planet. Or is it wasting money, oil and gas? Is it doing more harm than good to the planet?
- Stop investing pension and other government funds in “woke” companies like Blackrock.
- Stop using textbooks and curricula in taxpayer funded schools and colleges that repeat the fake propaganda of socialist and other regimes at war with us, and which fail to teach the overwhelming success of our U.S. Constitution and Judeo-Christian values and culture. One of the worst is “American Democracy Now” by Longport resident, Montclair Professor, and former Democratic candidate for Congress Brigid Callahan Harrison. Another is “Enduring Vision” used at Atlantic Cape Community College.
Oppose all government borrowing that increases our debt and destabilizes our money until the current round of inflation stops.
- Make the business districts of our cities clean, safe, and pleasant again. Make and enforce laws to stop “homeless” from urinating, defecating, and sleeping on our public sidewalks and aggressively approaching people who pass by.
LibertyAndProsperity.com is a tax-exempt, non-political education organization of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We formed this group in 2003. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please email us at email@example.com or telephone (609) 927-7333.
If you agree with this post, please share it now on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the “share” icons above and below each post. Please copy and paste a short paragraph as a “teaser” when you re-post.
Also, because Facebook and Twitter falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts. Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can. Please copy and paste the URL link above or from the Twitter share button to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like Patch.com or PressofAtlanticCity.com. Please also email it to your friends. Open and use an alternate social media site like Gab.com.
Finally, please subscribe to our weekly email updates. Enter your email address, name, city and state in the spaces near the top of our home page at Homepage – Liberty and Prosperity. Then click the red “subscribe” button. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or address below. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director