In the weeks ahead, ??Frank LoBiondo and most Republicans in Congress plan to let our Democrat President give legal status to roughly 6 of the 20 million foreigners now in this country in violation of our ?reformed? 1986 immigration laws.?? They will legalize the rest later, along with millions who will continue to come.??See Rush Limbaugh last half of Rush Limbaugh’s 16 minute Fox News TV interview with Chris Wallace on December 7 at http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/12/07/rush_on_fox_news_sunday
They tell us ?Don?t worry.?? America always welcomed immigrants?.
Frayda Levy of Bergen County also supports amnesty for all illegals without taking any measures to stop, arrest, or deport future illegals.?? Frayda is one of the?super-rich donors who donated more than a million dollars to Americans for Prosperity?created by Charles and David Koch.? She?is on the?national board of AFP, she is a member of the Club for Growth, and she contributed heavily to most of Steve Lonegan’s campaigns for Governor and U.S. Senator.?? See http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/09/koch-brothers-million-dollar-donor-club.?? The views of these big Republican and conservative donors explain the refusal of Republican Congressional leaders like Mitch McConnell and John Boehner to stand up to Obama on this issue.
Here is what the proponents of amnesty for illegal immigrants?don?t say:
- In 1921, America put limits on the number of legal immigrants each year. For the next 70 years, roughly 6% of Americans were foreign born.??? Immigrants quickly learned English, and became part of mainstream ?American life.? It also gave most Americans the highest wages in the world.? But now, ?17% of population is foreign born, large immigrant communities no longer share our language or culture, and wages are down.
- It may be too late to deport 15 million illegals who lived and worked here for years. But it is not too late to deporting those who came yesterday.??? Securing a border without deporting anyone is like trying to protect a bank when robbers can?t be arrested once they get past the parking lot.
- Our immigration laws did not stop Jews from escaping the Holocaust in 1930?s.? Jew hating State Department officials appointed by Democratic President Franklin Roosevelt? left many quotas unfilled.
- Until the 1990?s, most immigrants rejected the ideas of the Communist or Nazi occupied countries they ran away from. The understood and admired our culture of constitutional liberty.??? Most of today?s legal and illegal still believe the propaganda of their old countries.?? They think their countries are poor because we robbed them of their wealth and that they are entitled to get it back.
- Because of that, and because they don?t know enough English for us to persuade them otherwise ?most legal and illegal immigrants today support ?progressive? Democrats.?? ??When 5 million illegal immigrants become Democrat voters, Republicans will never again win a national election.?? Democrat union leaders are OK with fewer jobs and lower pay for their members—they would rather control the government.
- Short-sighted Republican leaders support amnesty because they care more about the next election than the long term consequences for their party and country.
Seth? Grossman, Executive Director
Liberty and Prosperity invites you to borrow or copy as much or as little of this post as you wish and submit a 200 to 350 word letter to the editor to your local newspaper or post on-line comments.?? Thanks!