No Wind In Atlantic City Last Wednesday. No “Renewable” Electricity. No News About It.

There was no wind in Atlantic City last Wednesday, March 13, 2024. The blades of all five wind turbines were completely stopped for hours. Yet the grid didn’t crash. There were no blackouts. “Smart” meters didn’t cut power to anyone’s home, business, or electric vehicle charging station. Not yet. However, Biden and Murphy Democrats are working relentlessly to change that. Very few NJ Republican leaders other than Congressman Jeff Van Drew and State Senator Michael Testa are standing up to them. 

Fortunately, only 8% of our electricity now comes from unreliable and intermittent wind and sunshine.  The other 92% comes from dependable coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear power.  They gave us all the electricity we needed last Wednesday when Atlantic City’s “wind farm” produced zero electricity from “renewable” energy for hours.  Shouldn’t this have been a news story?

However, Biden Democrats in Washington and Murphy Democrats in New Jersey are working hard to change that. Last year, they forced us to blow up the vital power plant Marmora by Garden State Parkway Milepost 28. They refused to let it convert from oil to cheap and abundant natural gas from Pennsylvania.  That also shut down the Oyster Creek nuclear power plant in Lacey Township in 2018. That power plant was licensed to produce cheap, reliable power for ten more years.

They refuse to build new nuclear power plants, or install new reactors inside the existing footprint of the Salem plant.

In his budget message last month, Governor Murphy promised to borrow and spend billions to build hundreds of new wind turbines off New Jersey beaches. This will make us far more dependent on wind for our electricity. And without power on days on days like last Wednesday when there was no wind.

Biden and Murphy Democrats instead plan to build hundreds of expensive, unreliable, and inefficient wind turbines off our New Jersey beaches from Long Beach Island to Ocean City.

If this happens, we will have blackouts or power failures every time the wind stops blowing like it did last Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Communist China, India, and the rest of the world are building new coal and nuclear power plants that provide constant levels of power 24 hours each day, seven days each week.

Click Here For Link:  China’s Nuclear Energy Expansion Is Getting Even Faster – Bloomberg

Click Here for Link:  China builds more new coal plants than rest of the world : NPR is a tax-exempt, non-political education organization of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey.  We formed this group in 2003. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time.  If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please email us at or telephone (609) 927-7333.

Also, because Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts.  Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can.  Please click the social share links below.  Also copy and paste the link to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like or and email them to your friends. Finally, please subscribe to our almost weekly email updates on this website, or by emailing us.  Thanks.

Seth Grossman, Executive Director

(609) 927-7333

  • Mr Seth Grossman

    Atlantic City, NJ Attorney since 1975. Executive Director of Liberty and Prosperity since 2003. GOP Candidate for Congress, NJ State 2021, 2018. Adjunct Professor of Government & History at Atlantic Cape Community College 2010-2017. Contact (609) 927-7333

    View all posts
Scroll to Top