SPECIAL BUSINESS MEETING THIS SATURDAY MORNING at SHORE DINER Fire & Tilton Roads by Parkway Exit 36, Egg Harbor Township, NJ. Short breakfast discussion: 9:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. Short business meeting: 10:00 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.
Which of these five projects can you work on during next five weeks?
“Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”. Thomas Alva Edison
1. Let our Republican Congressman Frank LoBiondo (and the rest of America) know that we are with Ted Cruz and the other principled Republicans who are taking real, effective action to cut spending, de-fund Obamacare, and balance the Federal Budget.
2. Spread the word and turn out the vote out for the special election for U.S. Senate on Wednesday, October 16. For the first time since 1978, Republicans have nominated a conservative candidate–Steve Lonegan.
3. Take part in in the official Somers Point program to remember Richard Somers on Saturday, October 19. We have a second chance to tell the true story of Richard Somers?and to expose the high paid government employees who distort and suppress that story to advance their “progressive”/left agenda.
4. Put Liberty and Prosperity on television. Help us raise the $10,000 needed to run 400 30 second spots on local and cable TV. Our first step is to produce a TV spot. We are now meeting with http://www.toddballantyne.com/Home.html. Here is an example of a 30 second TV spot he produced. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhpd_z062I&app=desktop. If we go on TV, what message would you want to see?
5. There is a very dangerous Public Question on the November 5 Election Ballot. A ?yes? vote would amend the NJ Constitution to force automatic minimum wage hikes every year. This is because:
A. When a minimum wage law forces a business to pay someone more than the value of their work, the business either raises prices, closes to store earlier or cleans it less often and fires the worker or cuts the hours?or the business hires family members or illegal immigrants under the table. None of this is good helps the economy.
B. If the progressive ?left? has the power to win this vote, their next step is the ?fair? wage?increasing the minimum wage to $15 per hour. That would end the American free market economy as we know it and make us as poor at the old Soviet Union, Cuba or any other nation that lived with communism.
C. Constitutions brought more than 350 years of liberty and prosperity to America by limiting the power of government officials, and protecting the right of each individual citizen to make his or her own choices. The change to the NJ Constitution would do the opposite.
D. Previous Constitutions gave citizens the power to repeal or change bad laws by electing new officials. This is not possible when bad laws are made part of the constitution.
E. Right now, 65% of NJ voters support a ?yes? vote. We have six weeks to work with groups like http://www.epionline.org/ to change this.
6. Details on contacting our Congressman, Republican Frank LoBiondo now!
a. Let him know that we support Senator Ted Cruz and want our Congressman to stand with him to cut spending, de-fund Obamacare, and balance the Federal Budget. His email is at: https://lobiondo.house.gov/contact-me/email-me. His phone numbers are (202) 225-6572 (Washington, D.C.) and (609) 625-5008 and (800) 471-4450 (Mays Landing).
b. Take out your pocket Constitution and see why Texas Senator Ted Cruz is right, and why Republican Senate ?leaders? like John McCain and Mitch McConnell are wrong.
Article I, Section 7 of U.S. Constitution: ?All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives?.
Article I, Section 8 of U.S. Constitution: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect taxes. . . to regulate commerce, establish post offices, to secure patents and copyrights for authors and inventors, to declare war, to raise and support armies, etc.?
Article I, Section 9 of U.S. Constitution: No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in consequence of appropriations made by law (i.e. laws approved by Congress!)
c. The House of Representatives passed a law that fully funds the government?except for Obamacare. If the Senate and President approve that law, the government keeps running?except for Obamacare. If the Senate and President choose not to pass that law, then they are the ones who shut down the government?not the Republican Congress.
d. How can Arizona Senator John McCain say the American people voted for Obamacare in 2012? Didn?t they throw out a bunch of Democrats who voted for Obamacare in 2010 and elect a Republican majority to the House of Representatives in 2010? Didn?t they elect more Republican Senators for the same reason in 2010 and 2012? And didn?t they keep a Republican majority in the House of Representatives in 2012?
e. Unplug the corporate-Republicans of Fox News and tune into Glenn Beck?s TV network. http://www.theblaze.com/. Read Glenn Beck?s comments on Senator Ted Cruz. http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/09/26/glenn-on-the-media-they-are-terrified-of-ted-cruz/?utm_source=Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2013-09-26_260475&utm_content=2736&utm_term=_260475_260487. See also http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/
7. Be a member of Liberty and Prosperity. Voting members pay $60 dues, attend 3 business meetings a year in person or by telephone, and work on one Board approved project each year. Non-voting members pay $30 dues and have no obligations. Learn more at www.libertyandprosperity.org., come to a Saturday breakfast meeting or other activity, or contact our Somers Point office during business hours.