Here is some info that deserves some scrutiny.
If the Murphy Energy plan is going to power New Jersey with affordable renewable energy, then the following questions should be easily answered and documented.
- If wind and solar are so cheap why is the BPU concerned about rising costs for installing the MEP?
- If the solar industry in NJ is so economically strong and is an economic driver, why does it require $125,240 per job per year in subsidies. ($800 Million/6,625 jobs)
- For years the alleged solar costs have been $500m per year. Now we find out the subsidy is $800 m for 2021. Why is there a massive increase if the sector is financially strong and driving the economy?
- The BPU projects and plans wind will increase electric rates by 1% -3% and combined wind and solar by 9%, Who has provided these projections and plans and what is their track record on accuracy?
- By 2050, solar alone will reach 34% of the state’s electricity and yet cost will increase only 7-9% Germany has 33% wind and solar grid penetration combined and its electric rates have increased by 100% in twenty years. Its rates are 2-3 times New Jersey’s. What does the BPU know that the Germans do not know?
We are a group of 150 ordinary citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director