Weekly Update – December 26, 2009
NO BREAKFAST DISCUSSIONS THIS SATURDAY, DECEMBER 26, OR NEXT SATURDAY, JANUARY 2.
REGULAR BREAKFAST DISCUSSIONS RESUME SATURDAY, JANUARY 9, 2010 AT ATHENA DINER, NEW ROAD, NORTHFIELD.
(Also live two-way talk every Saturday from 8AM to 9AM on 92.1FM Vineland. We are heard in most of South Jersey, Philly, and Delaware. The on-air call-in number is 856-696-0092.?Retired Judge Paul Porreca of Millville, and Dr. Bob Villare of Woodbury will guest-host.)
DON?T KEEP OUR WEEKLY UPDATES TO YOURSELF!!! IF YOU E-MAIL JOKES TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CO-WORKERS EVERY WEEK. WHY NOT E-MAIL THEM OUR MESSAGE OF LIBERTY AS WELL!!! BUT PLEASE FORWARD TO YOURSELF, WITH BCC TO THE OTHERS TO PROTECT EVERYONE?S PRIVACY AND SECURITY. THANKS.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. HOW TO BE A WINNING CANDIDATE FOR PUBLIC OFFICE: Chris Doss of the Leadership Institute, http://www.leadershipinstitute.org/, has run many successful campaigns, and offered to give a 3 hour seminar to candidates on January 19, 20, 21, 25, or 26. To do this, we need about $400 for Mr. Doss, a place for him to stay overnight, and a hall. If you want to be a candidate, or manage a campaign, and would pay roughly $20 to attend this seminar, or if you want to help us organize it, please let me know?and let me know what dates work best for you. This will be an introductory course. We plan a more intensive, nuts and bolts 10 hour course on a Saturday in March.
2. DO YOU OWN PROPERTY WITH GOOD HIGHWAY SIGN FRONTAGE? Can you put a 4? x 8? sign on your property that says: ?No Liberty ?No Prosperity. www.libertyandprosperity.org? in January? If so, please contact me.
3. DO YOU HAVE IDEAS FOR A 60 SECOND LIBERTY AND PROSPERITY RADIO SPOT? Please send them to me by New Years. We plan to start buying radio time soon afterwards. Would you like to help produce a spot? Please contact me!
4. CAN YOU FIND OUT THE NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS OF EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL IN YOUR TOWN?We are putting a list together now. The more information you can give us as a volunteer, the less money we have to pay secretaries to do it.
5. WINE AND CHEESE RECEPTION: Sunday, February 21 from 2:30 to 4:30 PM. CARISBROOKE INN, Little Rock Ave. Beachblock. Special guest and speaker. Paul Mulshine, Conservative Pundit for the Newark Star Ledger. You can read him online at http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/index.html. Tickets are $75 per person, $100 per couple. This is our major fundraising event, and important for us to be active next year.
6. MARCH STRAW POLL: At some point, people who believe in liberty must again have political power in this country. One important tool is a ?Straw Poll?. A straw poll is a non-binding vote of everyone with an interest in the election. Most straw polls involve a forum where all candidates can speak and distribute literature to any registered voter who pays a minimal registration fee. This gives candidates a chance to measure their strength, before the filing deadline and before tickets are formed. A straw poll, if done right, can be as effective as an expensive public opinion poll?something few ?liberty? candidates can afford. Liberty and Prosperity will be sponsoring one or more straw polls in the six counties of South Jersey some time in March. If you want to be involved in this project in any way, please contact me.
7. CURRENT ESSAY. My essay in the Current and Gazette newspapers has nothing to do with liberty. It tells of how at one time, Jewish rabbis tried to forget the Chanukah holiday, while early Christians embraced it. You can find it at www.libertyandprosperity.org or http://www.shorenewstoday.com/news.php?id=6460.
8. CAN YOU HELP US FIND A BETTER PROGRAM TO SEND OUT OUR WEEKLY UPDATES? We are now using Microsoft Outlook with bcc?s to send out this update. But with more than 1,500 names on our list, we are running into lots of problems. If you know of a better program to do this, please let me know! Thanks.
“Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues, Attend 3 business meetings per year, Work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year, not attendance or volunteer requirements. PLEASE PAY YOUR DUES NOW. ANY DUES COLLECTED AFTER DECEMBER 15 ARE CREDITED TO 2010 MEMBERSHIP.
We can?t force every public school employee to join our organization and pay $1,200 per year dues like the NJEA teachers union. But we can beat them if just a few hundred people voluntarily pay our $30 dues every year, and help us with one of our projects every few months!