Roughly 60 locals came out for a meeting of “40 Days For Life” at the New Life Assembly Of God Church on Fernwood Avenue, in Egg Harbor Township last night. Not one word about this meeting, or any of the facts that came out of it were reported as news by PressofAtlanticCity.com, South Jersey’s major newspaper.
They supported a campaign of peaceful prayer and activism to end abortion in America. That campaign will begin on September 22 and end on October 31. The most visible aspect of the campaign will be prayer vigils outside the offices of the American OB/GYN abortion clinic at 333 Jimmie Leeds Road, in Galloway, NJ. For details, visit 40 Days for Life.
LibertyAndProsperity.com as an organization, does not take a position on abortion for three reasons: First, we have a limited mission. Everything we do promotes individual liberty and limited, Constitutional government. No other organization around here does that. Second, while all our members oppose barbaric late-term abortions, some disagree on other abortion issues. Third, other local groups with more resources give our members effective ways to oppose all abortions. After much discussion, a majority of members voted that not to have our organization take up this issue at this time.
However, most of our members do agree that our LibertyAndProsperity.com must stand up and fight the lies and hate by Democratic Party leaders and their dishonest media against those who oppose abortions is an important Liberty and Prosperity issue. These six important and highly newsworthy facts came out of last night’s meeting in Egg Harbor Township:
- Most abortion opponents at the church last night were women. The most active were women who had an an abortion when they were young, and who now regret it. Yet Democrats, the media, and Stockton University repeat the big lie that abortion on demand is a “women’s rights” issue. They repeat the big lie that abortion opponents are evil men who want a “patriarchy” to control and abuse women. They assume the hateful propaganda of “Handmaid’s Tale” is fact based.
Kathleen T. Ruddy, M.D. explains New Jersey proposed new abortion bill at New Life Assembly of God Church in Egg Harbor Township, NJ last September 13, 2021.
- Many evil and oppressive details are buried in the 70 pages of the proposed “Reproductive Freedom Act” now pending in the New Jersey Legislature. It is not yet law because Democrats are delaying the vote until after the election. They are afraid certain Democrats, like Atlantic County State Senate candidate Vince Mazzeo might lose if they voted for the bill before the election. Kathleen Ruddy, M.D. is a respected breast cancer surgeon from Madison, New Jersey trained at Sloan Kettering.
Dr. Ruddy is also the author of The Viability of Roe: Dobbs v Jackson Women’s Health Organization : Ruddy MD, Kathleen T.: Amazon.com.au: Books. Last night, Dr. Ruddy discussed the chapter of that book that describes these details of New Jersey’s proposed “Reproductive Freedom Act”.
It would guarantee “free” abortions to anyone in New Jersey, including “abortion tourists”.
New Jersey health insurance companies would be forced to pay for these abortions and raise insurance premiums, co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance.
- Abortions as late as 9 months would be permitted, on demand; no questions asked.
- All doctors, nurses, and medical personnel would be mandated to perform abortions. Their licenses would be revoked if they refused.
- Abortions are re-defined as “procedures” as opposed to “minor surgical procedures”. This has many intended and unintended consequences, especially as it relates to an apparent attempt to falsely lower medical malpractice insurance premiums for abortionists.
- Complete eradication of the sole provision in the New Jersey Administrative Code that governs the disposition and sale of fetal tissue would be abolished. New Jersey would become a “fetal tissue harvesting” profit center.
- Experts estimate the new law would cause 10,000 more abortions to be performed in New Jersey each year. New Jersey already has roughly 48,000 abortions each year. New Jersey’s abortion rate is third in America, second only to Washington, D.C. and New York.
- Kathleen Ruddy said she and others in her field have observed what appears to be increased breast cancer among women who have abortions. However, she said that no clinical research has been done to confirm or rule out those observations, as is usually done when these trends are observed.
- Kathleen Ruddy also pointed out that while late term abortion proponents claim “stem cell research” (research using fetal tissue from abortions ) saves lives, the opposite may be true. It appears that human fetal tissue experiments were used in Wuhan, China, to modify a deadly coronavirus in animals so that it could infect humans.
On left, Ethel Hermenau, Atlantic County leader of “40 Days For Life” hands “Charlie” back the her 26 year old mother. The father and her family repeatedly suggested that abortion was the best way to deal with her “unwanted pregnancy”. This mother decided against abortion after contact with members of the group that met last night at the New Life Assembly of God Church in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey–by Parkway Exit 36. Both she and “Charlie” seemed very happy with that decision.
- The meeting ended when Ethel Hermeneu showed a video clip from the movie “Schindler’s List . She compared pro-life activists trying to save the unborn from abortion to Oskar Schindler trying to save Jews from the Holocaust. That portion of the meeting did not fit the media narrative that anti-semitism is coming from the “Christian right”.
None of these facts were reported as “news”. This well-attended meeting on this important public issue was not reported as “news”. Nothing becomes “news” in America unless it promotes the “woke”, socialist, “progressive” agenda of Democrats.
“Mainstream” journalists agreed years ago to stop reporting the most important facts of the day. They no longer wanted Americans to draw their own conclusions from those facts.
Today’s journalists believe their job is to use “any means necessary” to persuade Americans to embrace their “woke”, socialist political agenda. Their most effective “means” is refusing to report facts or events that make people with opposing views seem reasonable, likeable, or successful.
They also report the smallest and most insignificant events as headline news if they portray “woke” Democrats in positive ways, or Republicans, conservatives, or Christians in negative ways.
Last August, nine students from North Jersey walked down the Atlantic City Boardwalk with signs and costumes accusing Republican Congressman Jeff Van Drew as an “ostrich” on “climate change”. The Press of Atlantic City reported that as headline “news” on its front page on 8/19/2021. Ten Climate Protesters Are Headline News. No Coverage For “Apocalypse Never” Author And Crowd. – Liberty and Prosperity
One month earlier, Michael Shellenberger, author of “Apocalypse Never, spoke to nearly a hundred local residents at the Ocean City Music Pier. There he refuted every argument made by “climate changed alarmists”. The Press of Atlantic City did not report any of this.
During the past few weeks, the Press of Atlantic City published one article after another on the new abortion law in Texas. That law outlaws abortions any time after a “fetal heartbeat” can be detected. (There is medical disagreement as to whether this place 6 to 7 weeks after conception when heart activity is detected by ultrasound, 10 to 12 weeks by doppler, or 18 to 20 weeks by stethoscope.) Each article promoted the fake narrative that all abortions up to nine months were a “woman’s right” and that only bigoted men “like the Taliban” opposed them.
Yet the Press of Atlantic City did not publish a single story of any of the women who were at the New Life Assembly of God Church in Egg Harbor Township last night.
These are the methods of propaganda, not news. This is done deliberately to give voters a “distorted perception of reality”. They want their readers and viewers, especially young women, hate Republicans, conservatives, and Christians. This is done to persuade them to support absolute control by “woke” Democrats and their intolerant, socialist agenda. This is exactly what National Socialist (Nazionalsozialisti) media did to persuade Germans to hate Jews during the 1920’s and 1930’s.
We are a group of roughly 200 citizens who mostly live near Atlantic City, New Jersey. We volunteer our time and money to maintain this website. We do our best to post accurate information. However, we admit we make mistakes from time to time. If you see any mistakes or inaccurate, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information in this or any of our posts, please let us know. We will do our best to correct the problem as soon as possible.
Also, because Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms falsely claim our posts violate their “community standards”, they greatly restrict, “throttle back” or “shadow ban” our posts. Please help us overcome that by sharing our posts wherever you can, as often as you can. Please click the social share links below. Also copy and paste the link to the “comments” section of your favorite sites like Patch.com or PressofAtlanticCity.com and email them to your friends. Thanks.
Seth Grossman, Executive Director